Boiler / lack of hot water

Manc in London

Hoping someone can help me out.

We have a Worcester boiler (Greenstar CDI Compact), courtesy of the previous owner. The boiler is around 7 years old. It doesn't make any strange noises and the heating works fine. It may be worth noting we live in an area with a hard water issue.

The water pressure is fine, plenty of water in the system and the water thermostat is set to around 70oC. The flow rate from both hot and cold taps is identical and good. However, the hot taps (upstairs and downstairs) and the shower only give out three or four seconds of warm water before it goes freezing cold.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I have spoken to one plumber on the phone whose immediate suggestion, before looking at the boiler, was to replace it. Bugger that. We are still recovering from the cost of refurb, extension and patio.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hoping someone can help me out.

We have a Worcester boiler (Greenstar CDI Compact), courtesy of the previous owner. The boiler is around 7 years old. It doesn't make any strange noises and the heating works fine. It may be worth noting we live in an area with a hard water issue.

The water pressure is fine, plenty of water in the system and the water thermostat is set to around 70oC. The flow rate from both hot and cold taps is identical and good. However, the hot taps (upstairs and downstairs) and the shower only give out three or four seconds of warm water before it goes freezing cold.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I have spoken to one plumber on the phone whose immediate suggestion, before looking at the boiler, was to replace it. Bugger that. We are still recovering from the cost of refurb, extension and patio.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Could be your plate heat exchanger mate, I'm no plumber so don't take my word for it, could need descaling or replacing

Funny enough, got exact same problem, but luckily covered by boiler care with British Gas.
Check their website, sure they do repairs incl callout for a fixed fee. Around £90-£100.
Well worth a look.

Sounds silly mate but put your heating on for an hour. Had a very similar problem with mine when the heating hasn't been on for a month or so. For whatever reason, once it's been on again the hot water is fine.

Just had the same issue! With virtually the same boiler ours is about 8 years old
We had a cowboy come round, looked at it, said, it's fucked, you need a new boiler, I can get you a good deal, told him to do one.
We then got another highly rated plumber to look, said it was the valve, and it also needed flushing, so after a few visits (3), a few issues, got sorted for about £200, including a partial service, it's now good as new

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.