It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. 28 million is yesteryears money. now the prices are much higher in general. Otamendi will be in the same bracket as VVD, perhaps sligthly lower, but not much.

Otamendi won't be near the same bracket as VVD, or anyone interested in signing him would just buy VVD instead.

£30m for Otamendi would be good in this market. His reputation outside the Manchester City fan base is in the gutter, getting our money back would be a miracle.

Fuck knows where this idea Pep doesn't rate Sterling has come from, 2nd most minutes under Pep last season.

It's just people who don't rate Sterling themselves trying to convince themselves Pep feels the same way.

Otamendi won't be near the same bracket as VVD, or anyone interested in signing him would just buy VVD instead.

£30m for Otamendi would be good in this market. His reputation outside the Manchester City fan base is in the gutter, getting our money back would be a miracle.
Well I think performance wise Ota is similar to VVD. He may not command quite the same fee due to the VVD hype and also because Ota is a couple of years older. But they fundamentally are not very different performance wise.

It's just racism, simple as, shouldn't be passed off as anything else.
I've no doubt there's a conversation to be had about race and the perception of black, British footballers but it definitely isn't a case of race being the single factor of people's opinions of Raheem Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.