Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes May think she has any credibilty? They need a leadership contest as soon as possible.

Her campaign has demonstrated that she is totally unsuitable to lead the Brexit negotiations. She'd struggle to negotiate her way out of a paper bag.

Cmon guys, I'm by no stretch a corbynite but every accusation of 'buying' student votes on legitimate manifesto pledges can be countered with similar accusations of pledges made to benefit the Tory core support in their manifesto, your only making yourselves look sour

You've completely misinterpreted what I said and meant. I was not aware (and am still not) about such rules. I believed that there was some precedent for the largest party to have first dibs, but I was unaware it is a hard and fast rule.

And I have heard some Labour people this very morning saying they think Corbyn should be allowed to form a minority government. Indeed did not Gordon Brown for a short time seek to do so, when he lost in 2010? I think he did.

My comment you quoted simply meant that even people who you might expect to take this stance, are saying no, it's the Tories who should be given the first go.

I am sorry if I gave you any other impression. I was not seeking to spin anything.

The Conservatives had the first go, it was calling a completely unnecessary GE because they were miles ahead in the polls...they failed miserably.

I don't think Corbyn will ever be PM regardless of whether there is another election in a few months time. Best thing labour could do if there is a hung parliament would be to get a leader now that people can get behind and believe in and policies they could actually deliver. Maybe then they would have a chance at serious gains on the conservatives. As it is we are in total limbo.
I totally concur, she would have lost this if we were headed by starmer or Jarvis imo, but then again, she probably wouldn't have called it. Biblical miscalculation lol

Take heed May

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
— ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

Cmon guys, I'm by no stretch a corbynite but every accusation of 'buying' student votes on legitimate manifesto pledges can be countered with similar accusations of pledges made to benefit the Tory core support in their manifesto, your only making yourselves look sour

You're right there fella I think they call it trying to win votes, the Tories weren't overly concerned with this tactic the dumb sods

Fortunately an increasing number of your fellow citizens disagree with you.

Is that 'citizens' or 'Cityzens'? Is your 'increasing number' a forecast or simply the fact that he's increased the popular vote and the number of Labour MPs to what is still a losing position. I cannot see Corbyn occupying 10 Downing Street. His views, unless he is gonna change them(!), on the whole subject of security, the economy and how you pay for your ideas, is classic left wing, and we've never had, and hopefully will never have, a left wing government. And that is a wholly left wing government, not just one that tilts a little to centre left.

Describing Cornyn as a proper opposition leader and this being a good result for Labour is stretching credibility. All Cornyn has done is turn a disastrous election in 2015 into a defeat in 2017. If a defeat on this scale is the best he can do after offering large voting groups sweeteners he is never going to win an election.
The only person this result was brilliant for is Andy Burnham. An election in 2023 will be perfect timing for him after his tenure as mayor.

Corbyn got the same % of votes as Blair got in 97 when he won a landslide.

Andy Burnham is a red Tory traitor.i have more chance than that little shite. No chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.