Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling is under pressure even without Sanchez, but Sane is a certain starter. If Sanchez was to sign it would be Sane and Sanchez for sure and then 50.50 between Aguero and Jesus, and my money would be on Jesus long term. He's just an absolute live-wire and his acceleration in the final 3rd just leads to chances. My front 3 would be Sane, Sanchez and jesus

I'd actually say Aguero is under the most pressure. He's the big name and star of the team but the only one that can't play anywhere across a front three. Everyone else is happy on the left, right or middle.

i dont thing anyone will be pushed out. Pep has repeatedly stressed that he thinks about the team as a squad and not as a starting 11.
I know, but the manager has to put out a the strongest 11 to win games in our league. There will be a bif of rotation but in the league games, if Sanchez were to sign realistically it would be Sane, Sanchez and one of Aguero and Jesus 90% of the time. Sterling and Aguero would be under massive pressure. I expect a huge response from Aguero. I think he is going to come back a very hungry player next season. This is what he has needed

Saw some terrible performances by Celta Vigo and Sevilla in Europe. I don't think that the quality of the Premiership is high, but it is intensely competitive because all the Premiership teams have money. They buy the best players, and they are so desperate to stay in the premier league so they fight so hard. But the ery best players still go to barcelona and Real madrid and the other clubs in Spain are starved of money.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. There were a number of Premier League clubs who were already on holiday from early March, this season. Moreover, money alone is no guarantee of competitiveness. Would that it were, as we would be sweeping the board and wouldn't have to quibble. :-)

Haha only on here could people complain about signing a player like Sanchez! Kaldhoon is aiming for at least a treble next season, everyone will get game time
We're not Real Madrid you know. Guardiola will be under massive pressure next season. To beat mid-table Premiership teams home and away is very difficult and I seriously doubt we will be that comfortable that we can rotate players. In the Cup games yes. But players want to play regularly and they want to play in the big games especially. You have to think we play our strongest available side against Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton etc.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. There were a number of Premier League clubs who were already on holiday from early March, this season. Moreover, money alone is no guarantee of competitiveness. Would that it were, as we would be sweeping the board and wouldn't have to quibble. :-)
'Would that it were'! Not heard that phrase in a long while! :-)

The final weeks of the season when some teams were on 40 points, or others down produced some ridiculous results, but City really struggled to knock average teams down at home. I remember games where we had 70% of possession and were trying desperately to score but we just couldn't put the game away.

I think there is a lot of people playing down Pep's respect and admiration of Sterling.

He played more minutes than nearly anyone else in the squad last season and was running on fumes as the season came to an end, something which happened the season before.

Sterling place would be no more under threat than anybody else and he will be given as much opportunity as anybody else to play and improve, I'd argue perhaps even more with Pep insisting on having the best English players playing for us.

A lot of the 'Sterling under fire' brigade will never rate him but it's clear to me how valued he is within the club and will only continue to be more so.

I'd actually say Aguero is under the most pressure. He's the big name and star of the team but the only one that can't play anywhere across a front three. Everyone else is happy on the left, right or middle.
Sterling and Aguero. Both have o step up regardless of who else signs. Aguero's international career maybe over now unless he responds, and the World Cup is coming up. I am expecting Aguero to respond. This is the first time in his career that he will have been under pressure. Can only be good for us.

In all honesty I dont care who plays next season as long as we play entertaining football and win as many matches as we are able. If at the end of the season we have acquired a trophy or maybe two it will have been a success. As far as keeping the squad happy that is down to the manager it is what he gets paid for, very well I might add.

It will be such a pleasure to see any three of the players from the start of the season gives all players a fresh start and I hope they rise to the challenge, for those not starting it is their job to keep the pressure on and when called on do a job worthy of their talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.