Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get into bed with someone opposed to abortion, then you really ought to give consideration to the possible consequences.

If I get into bed with someone, I always make them fill out a three page questionnaire on an extensive range of moral, ethical and philosophical issues.

If she passes that, then she has two hours to write a 1500 word essay with full bibliography on the right or not of women to choose.

You can't be too careful.

Mays closest advisors have resigned. Timothy was Cameron's tactician as well.
May has been presented with an ultimatum. Cabinet decisions for now - or May will be be given the push. That will last about 3 months I reckon.

We need her to hang on. If they bring in someone who can ride the waves and get the Party united behind them then we really might see 5 years of a minority rule and a hard Brexit.
Really can't see any possibility that she can hang on. The big danger is that whatever happens we're not going to have credible negotiators in place for Brexit and we'll end up defaulting to no deal and economic disaster.

My biggest worry is that as well as fucking up Brexit, May will destabilise NI by getting in to bed with the DUP to cling on to power in the short term. This could put us back years and kick off the troubles again by breaking the agreements made. If we start getting bombed by the IRA because of this twat, then I hope she is happy.

You sound like a US Democrat! "We almost did it but everyone seemed to help the R keep power!" Do you know how pathetic it sounds when you promote that other people helped the opposition, rather than your own candidate was good enough to win?

The further each side runs to their extreme, the less appetizing they look to the majority that lives in the center. I'm not endorsing a Tory-lite Labour Party or a Labour-lite Tory Party, but a Centrist candidate that speaks to policies and politics that a majority of the country can get behind.

Britain faces some significant challenges in the near future and now, with a weakened Conservative Party "leading" the country and a Labour Party in shambles from their missed opportunity, those challenges get even more difficult. I believe a more centrist candidate pushing more centrist policies, even if there are still significantly "Labour" imperatives included in there, is their way forward.

It's interesting that you, SWP's Back and Gelson's Dad, all of who are telling me I'm talking rubbish, aren't resident in the UK and haven't been for a while. At this moment, there can't be any "centrist policies". Austerity hasn't worked, growth is slowing, public services have been cut, real wages are going down, etc. One party is promising more of the same to reduce the deficit and the other is promising a very radical left-wing agenda that they claim will eventually reduce the deficit but will raise taxes, inject vast amounts of money into the economy and (supposedly) vastly improve public services.

So UN that context, what is a "centrist policy"? It would have to be something like "Well we won't take any more money out of the NHS but we won't put any more in either". On Brexit it would have to be a very soft Brexit, which Labour & Lib Dems are promoting anyway.

I still maintain that while Corbyn ran a brilliant campaign, there are still too many people who are turned off by him. Another leader, one with less baggage, might well have won this election with the same policies in my opinion.

Do you think they have a place in the Northern Assembly?
They were elected so yes, but Northern Ireland cannot be classed as a haven for peace, and if the IRA should once again resurface then how May's Government responds will decide how long she has left. Just pray she sees sense and goes within days and any successor scraps this pact and instead attempts to address the electorate's concerns which landed her party into this mess of it's own making.

They were elected so yes, but Northern Ireland cannot be classed as a haven for peace, and if the IRA should once again resurface then how May's Government responds will decide how long she has left. Just pray she sees sense and goes within days and any successor scraps this pact and instead attempts to address the electorate's concerns which landed her party into this mess of it's own making.
The first three words there were key mate. They were elected, they have every right to a place in Westminster.

If I get into bed with someone, I always make them fill out a three page questionnaire on an extensive range of moral, ethical and philosophical issues.

If she passes that, then she has two hours to write a 1500 word essay with full bibliography on the right or not of women to choose.

Ha Ha.

Hope Mrs Magicpole doesn't read that. She'll give you a thick ear with the washing machine manual.

Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.