Glass Tunnel now taking shape

Tameside isn't in Manchester and loads of city in north manc and always has been . Pez for example
not near me
swinton and salford is red. my lads are the only blues in their classes.
i suppose match going and arm chair are different though as only 1 or 2 have been to utd and thats on free tickets

Yeh I'd say they're all blue areas except for Sale which I'd consider red. Pretty sure on the last study I read it said Cheadle was City's area with the most season tickets, and Sale was United's. I'm sure that's also a reflection that they're slightly wealthier areas than the other Manchester suburbs you listed.

I guess the point I'm making is that I'd consider City's heartland as south Manchester and east Manchester. But the club seem to have forgotten the south Manchester roots we had for 80 odd years.

Unless they're classing Trafford as "west Manchester" and the city of Manchester itself as "east Manchester". But to me east Manchster is Droylsdon, Clayton, Tameside basically. I know there are loads of blues up that way, but there's equally loads in Fallowfield, Moss Side, Didsbury, Longsight, Levenshulme, Bernage etc. Personally I'd consider those areas as south Manchester, but the club never seems to engage with those communities any more.

There are loads of match going blues in cheadle/cheadle Hulme. But then again there are a lot of reds as well. You say cheadle is slightly wealthier, which overall it is, but there are a lot of people with lower incomes/working class ( myself included) and areas with lots of council houses/ex council houses. I agree south Manchester is where most of our core fan base come from. I'd say burnage, didsbury, cheadle, cheadle Hulme , wythenshawe and heald green are the main blue areas. For the 2011 semi final I remember there being so many coaches setting off from those areas and meeting in cheadle. And every game I always see loads of blues getting the bus when driving through those places. I agree there should be more club engagement in those areas.

not near me
swinton and salford is red. my lads are the only blues in their classes.
i suppose match going and arm chair are different though as only 1 or 2 have been to utd and thats on free tickets
What do the school playgrounds say? That's when you choose your club and then with most it's City or Utd for life.

The extension won't be built without proven demand for it and particularly simce safe standing might increase the capacity on the lower tier in the future.
I agree, I posted the other day that I had just been on the tour and the people giving the tour were black and white when asked about the North stand extension - it will only go ahead when there is a certain waiting list number achieved. They stated that the 'management' are very conscious about the image of seeing lots of empty seats.

I posted that on here and there were a number of messages decrying that - '....they do not know...' etc. and whilst I accept that they are not involved in decision making I would expect that they get some direction on how to answer key questions.

I wonder sometimes if us CITY fans get a bit wrapped up in the 'Sheik can afford anything' - '....the Sheik wants everything to be world class....'

Yes, but things have to stack up financially, economically and reputation wise.

If CITY fans on Bluemoon really want the north Stand extension and lots of other world class investments - the best thing that they can do is become Seasoncard members.

I agree, I posted the other day that I had just been on the tour and the people giving the tour were black and white when asked about the North stand extension - it will only go ahead when there is a certain waiting list number achieved. They stated that the 'management' are very conscious about the image of seeing lots of empty seats.

I posted that on here and there were a number of messages decrying that - '....they do not know...' etc. and whilst I accept that they are not involved in decision making I would expect that they get some direction on how to answer key questions.

I wonder sometimes if us CITY fans get a bit wrapped up in the 'Sheik can afford anything' - '....the Sheik wants everything to be world class....'

If CITY fans on Bluemoon really want the north Stand extension and lots of other world class investments - the best thing that they can do is become Seasoncard members.
Well it doesn't ring true to me. We averaged 54,018 in the league despite some of the most expensive match day tickets in football. MCFC and football is booming and we should be taking advantage of it while we can.

Spot on mate. I think I saw your earlier information and that informed my post.

I agree with your points and believe we should pay our own way as far as possible. It's good news for the Club to be stable, financially.

I also think it links in with Bluemooners earlier posts about where our core support is. I was in the Naggs Head in Urmston a few weeks ago and a Blue said there's as many of us as them round here now. Likewise, I was working at Manchester airport a few years ago and a rag working for me from Stretford said it's half and in the Melville (that had been a rag den for as far as I can remember). Even Tameside had loads of rags not so long ago.

We need to encourage more people to be Blues and become season card holders like you said. Then the North stand expansion will follow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.