Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a cynical bribe. The manifesto was nothing but positive. Laughable, if you voted Tory, to be calling out Labour for being cynical.
Super positive yes.

Who doesn't like getting free money, paid for by someone else.

Well ...try talking to people on the ground.....you know IN the hospitals...in The GP surgeries etc

It's falling apart......so they say. I believe them.

My question was ...when/if it falls apart what takes over? How does private health provision actually work? Does anyone know?

Maybe just maybe as an organisation it's not capable of taking the current strain, despite the amount of money we chuck at it?

The Tories are promising record amounts of cash but even that won't be enough.

The whole system needs a drastic rethink if we're to avoid privitisation and Labour haven't come up with anything that groundbreaking either.

Maybe just maybe as an organisation it's not capable of taking the current strain, despite the amount of money we chuck at it?

The Tories are promising record amounts of cash but even that won't be enough.

The whole system needs a drastic rethink if we're to avoid privitisation and Labour haven't come up with anything that groundbreaking either.
yep....so that's the way forward......we pay insurance (a bit like we already do) and pay a bill...those who can't afford that get provision from the state.

Perhaps that would relieve the pressure on state hospitals.

yep....so that's the way forward......we pay insurance (a bit like we already do) and pay a bill...those who can't afford that get provision from the state.

Perhaps that would relieve the pressure on state hospitals.

We've got to change something but this constant pointing the finger at the Tories is a bit misguided. Yes they could have done more and they've added privitisation in some very small areas but as a whole they've put fuckloads into it and have promised the most amount ever in terms of funding. They haven't done anything worse than the previous Labour government.

I think it's being used beyond its means and money alone won't sort it out, as the population gets older and older and people who necessarily don't need it use it.

I'll go even further

Means test pensions.
If you're minted why do you want money off the state?

It's the biggest part of the welfare benefits bill.

They don't appear to be doing anything illegal now so I can't think of grounds to stop them.

I don't think their policies have a place in a modern United Kingdom though.
They're part of the modern united kingdom and are elected by part of the modern united kingdom. Their policies obviously have a place in it, regardless of your personal opinion on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.