Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be so over confident for us to get him, this one hangs firmly in the balance.

I just hope if we don't get Sanchez, we have a backup lined up.

While it is no guarantee that Sanchez will sign for City, Bayern will have real problems with their pay structure if Sanchez does sign for them.

I'm pretty sure there's a backup in mind, but just because it's rumoured (by sky/Di Marzio who are having a poor summer) Douglas Costa could go to Juve, doesn't mean Sanchez is off to Germany.

It does mean that Bayern are freeing up room for a big signing, thats if they are selling him.

As you say, the most reputable of journalists are having a mare this summer. Never known anything like it.

It does mean that Bayern are freeing up room for a big signing.

That's not how it works. Most would argue Bayern already brought in a replacement for Costa in Gnabry, never mind signing Coman.

Regardless, it all hinges on Sanchez and what he wants to do. If he elects to go to Germany, and Bayern somehow manage to restructure the squad wage system to accommodate him, then fine. That said, I suspect if that were the case then we wouldn't be talking about him in here at all.
This saga is only ongoing because Sanchez wants City. Arsenal would offload him to the Bundesliga, if they got half the chance and he was amicable, at the drop of a hat otherwise.

Was checking back to see the original post about the Chilean Journalist's tweet and I stumbled upon your post. Why do you think Sane will fail to hold his spot when Sanchez comes? I for one don't think so and so you could have at least waited till the start of the season to see if Sane would be benched by the incoming Sanchez before you begin to moan. That wouldn't hurt you know. Regarding Sterling he has been with us for us for two seasons now. He has strenghts and weaknesses like every footballer. Yes I admit that if Sanchez comes he might be the one at the receiving end (I could be wrong here too). Now let me ask you: when Barca let Sanchez leave because they thought they had a fair shot in landing Suarez, did you consider that to be a poorly thought out move? In simple terms every team tries to upgrade good players with better players and better players with much better players and that is what I reckon we are trying to do here. If you sign a player for under 50 million and two years down the line (enough time to have a rough guess about what that player is likely to bring to the table) you have the opportunity to get a world class upgrade, I'm sure you'd pass up the opportunity. Well I'm thankful you're not the manager. We fans have got to stop listening to what the mainstream media have got to say, most of which comes out of deep jealousy and bitterness. If you believe the tripe they say about Pep being a cheque book manager, you have surely believed a lie. For one, it's easier to implement a Conte and Moaninho style than a Pep one. Yes I can get 11 players to do more seating back, reserving their energy and having my fast attackers to hit on the break. Anybody can do that but it takes a lot of courage, ability, knowledge and resources to actually play football and win in the process. That's the camp I belong to. That's the Pep camp. He's simply getting the right tools to make the system work. It wouldn't hurt to stop moaning.
Calm down I'm not moaning.

I'd be happy if we signed him. And I wouldn't pass up on the opportunity to do so. My issue isn't with us signing Sanchez at all. My issue lies with us spending so much on young talent only to not be patient enough to wait for their development.

If Sanchez comes in, it will have a knock on effect and I deem Sterling to be the least talented of the young 'superstars' so feel he would fail to play regularly. He was already out more than he was in towards the end of the season. If this is what we have to do to improve then so be it, but it just makes me scratch my head at the long term planning of the club - it was glaringly obvious that Sterling wasn't going to reach a Sanchez kind of level, maybe not ever, and certainly not within two seasons.

It's funny to me when people ask how Pep is going to keep all these attacking players happy. Then we see Bayern's transfer news and they still have Robben and Ribbery, signed Coman and assured him and assured he's part of their plans. Then they signed Gnarby who they will look to use a lot as he's part of the new wave of German talent they are aquiring. So for all the " how is Pep going to keep everyone happy" camp... How is Carlo going to keep everyone happy adding Sanchez to that list? If he plays as a ST, how's Carlo going to keep Lewa and Muller happy? If you want to bring up possible injuries to Robben/Ribbery we have had injury issues too. So now what? Hell Costa is on the way out because he couldn't get the same game time he got under Pep with Carlo and this is before a Sanchez transfer occurs.

19113796_474541839563855_5784959425377753169_n.jpg

I'd be happy if we signed him. And I wouldn't pass up on the opportunity to do so. My issue isn't with us signing Sanchez at all. My issue lies with us spending so much on young talent only to not be patient enough to wait for their development.

If Sanchez comes in, it will have a knock on effect and I deem Sterling to be the least talented of the young 'superstars' so feel he would fail to play regularly. He was already out more than he was in towards the end of the season. If this is what we have to do to improve then so be it, but it just makes me scratch my head at the long term planning of the club - it was glaringly obvious that Sterling wasn't going to reach a Sanchez kind of level, maybe not ever, and certainly not within two seasons.
Fair enough. Regarding the bolded I've always argued that in signing young stars, because of our peculiar context, we should pay extra attention to their weaknesses. Granted every young player goes through that stage when they are raw and make head scatching decision making errors but I'm saying we should not be oblivious to aspects of their game where they struggle, obvious weaknesses if you like saying time is on their side because they are young. Truth is they will be expected to deliver at the biggest of stages and if they do we can easily pardon them when they make mistakes and trust them with games they require to continue their growth. In other words they need to show a certain level of maturity despite that they are still young and raw before we should get really involved whether they are 18, 22 or 24. Another smaller team may be willing to take the risk more than we but for us making those decisions will never be easy and nobody will get it right 100 percent of the times.

It's funny to me when people ask how Pep is going to keep all these attacking players happy. Then we see Bayern's transfer news and they still have Robben and Ribbery, signed Coman and assured him and assured he's part of their plans. Then they signed Gnarby who they will look to use a lot as he's part of the new wave of German talent they are aquiring. So for all the " how is Pep going to keep everyone happy" camp... How is Carlo going to keep everyone happy adding Sanchez to that list? If he plays as a ST, how's Carlo going to keep Lewa and Muller happy? If you want to bring up possible injuries to Robben/Ribbery we have had injury issues too. So now what? Hell Costa is on the way out because he couldn't get the same game time he got under Pep with Carlo and this is before a Sanchez transfer occurs.
Can't argue with any of that.

Last edited:

Raheem played 2517 minutes in the league alone last year, more than Aguero, Stones, Sane, Toure, Bravo, Clichy, Sagna, Navas, Nolito, Kompany, Zabaleta, Willy and obviously Jesus, Gundogan, Delph and Iheanacho.

Only 5 played more than him and that's De Bruyne, Silva, Otamendi, Kolarov and Fernandinho.

I'd say he was definitely more in that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.