France v England

Having not seen the match I read the BBC's report, no guessing who wrote it. Some of the quotes:-

"France, inspired by the brilliance of Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba"
"Stones was doing his day job as a central defender in France - and struggled desperately in the face of the verve and threat France provided"
"Dembele embarrassed Manchester City's £47.5m defender when he stepped inside him"
"The 23-year-old has undoubted talent but had a difficult first campaign at Etihad Stadium"
Fair comments or the deluded ramblings of the BBC's chief {united} football reporter?

The player ratings have Deli as midfield and Ox as attacking midfield - I'm not sure what game these guys were watching.

Because he denied a clear goal scoring opportunity

It may seem harsh, especially in a friendly, but it was the correct decision

Yes, but there was no intent to prevent a clear goal scoring opportunity.
So it depends how you see it.

I saw it as an accidental collision, penalty no red.
However the officials saw it as no intent to play the ball.

We have no idea who made the call as video ref is clear as mud!

Nothing on the bbc website about how tgreatening Sterling was everytime he got the ball. He created the goal with a class backheel and yet nada. He ran eith pace from deeper positions and made runs in behind that were not picked out.

Stones slated for going to ground easily for France's second goal and pulling back Mbappe.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40268042
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40268042

BBC Player ratings where Sterling & Stones both got a 5

John Stones (centre-back) 5
Poor night but it should be remembered he has been short of match action. Struggled with France's vibrant attack.

Raheem Sterling (attacking midfield) 5
Great invention to play a key part in Kane's opening goal but so frustrating at other times with a lack of end product.

Lequipe payer ratings sensible and no bias like half the ****s in this country
d53dabd573c0f8ce9307161f5ef6a544.jpg

One of the main issues for me is tempo. If you control the tempo you control the game. Last night you saw the majority or midfielders and defenders leisurely strolling with the ball, slowing it down and therefore losing momentum. Raheem and Stonesy were actually trying to push forward when they got the ball which I think is a guardiola influence. When ever France got the ball it was quick passing, moving with purpose. That's where England struggled and city used to struggle with under pellers for the last couple of years.

Having not seen the match I read the BBC's report, no guessing who wrote it. Some of the quotes:-

"France, inspired by the brilliance of Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba"
"Stones was doing his day job as a central defender in France - and struggled desperately in the face of the verve and threat France provided"
"Dembele embarrassed Manchester City's £47.5m defender when he stepped inside him"
"The 23-year-old has undoubted talent but had a difficult first campaign at Etihad Stadium"
Fair comments or the deluded ramblings of the BBC's chief {united} football reporter?
The comments you quote are I think fair, when I read the report and comments by their chief football correspondent I thought their complete ignoring of Sterling who was England's best player on the night were a bit silly.
Stones did not have a good game, Pogba did though Dembele was their best player.

Sterling was one of the only player that looked dangerous for me, somethings may not have come off but that is the style he plays. To say that he gets a 5 because he is frustrating is nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.