Toni Kroos

That's why I don't believe the links to him. If we didn't sign Bernardo then I would see a reason to get kroos.

Doesn't play anything like Bernardo. Or indeed de Bruyne, who loses possession a lot because he has such attacking instincts. Plays deeper than David Silva too.

In my book he is a replacement for Yaya. Less muscular obviously but he can hold onto the ball and pass it like the big man.

Doesn't play anything like Bernardo. Or indeed de Bruyne, who loses possession a lot because he has such attacking instincts. Plays deeper than David Silva too.

In my book he is a replacement for Yaya. Less muscular obviously but he can hold onto the ball and pass it like the big man.

So your saying kroos would play in the pivot role then?

Give over... We're not signing Kroos. We have a better chance of signing Messi on a free. I can think of no more difficult transfer to pull off.

Towards the end of the season we were playing Yaya there so yes I can see Kroos in that position.

Yeah because it was either yaya or fernando, we had no other player that could keep the ball like yaya does. Fernandinho was poor in the second half of the season so he wasn't an option. I can understand everyone saying we don't need a de Jong type midfielder, I'm not saying that we should have a destroyer. We need someone who can pass the ball and that is also good at winning back the ball. Kroos isn't a defensive midfielder or pivot, so we don't need him. We're more than covered in central midfield. Kimmich is the ideal player.

I'll assume by the way he is being described that people don't understand how he plays at Madrid.

What people are saying is he could play the pivot role no problem
I'm mad about Kroos, I think he is an absolute baller of a player but to see him as our deepest midfielder is not somewhere I'd ever like to see him. I wouldn't fancy him dropping in to cover a defender who'd broken further upfield nor would I like to see him responsible for fighting fires at the back, it'd be such a waste.

I'm certainly not saying I wouldn't want him or that he'd be bad for us just that I would only ever want to see him further ahead of a DM so he could be truly effective.

Toni Kroos is fantastic player, perhaps the best midfielder in the world. BUT we need a destroyer in midfield believe or not. Madrid have Casemiro which allows Modric and Kroos play a natural attacking role from the deeper position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.