Fred Talbot found guilty

Amazing that it has taken until recent years for his actions to be looked into. I used to hear stories from mates who went to Alti Grammar 30+ years ago about the shit he used to get up to. It was like some big open secret that half of South Manchester seemed to know about.

I think you're being generous there, I left Sale Grammar mid 70's and the rumours were rife then. Plus Terret and his cohorts........

If I'm not mistaken he was tried for the offences he was found not guilty of in Manchester two years ago. Hence the reappearance of Ian Brown.

yeah Ray Teret ...total ****

regarding Talbot
On 13 March 2015, Judge Timothy Mort sentenced Talbot to five years in prison. Talbot was told that he must serve at least two and a half years in prison before he can be considered for release on licence.

Talbot appeared in a Scottish court on 11 March 2016, where he faced ten fresh charges of indecent assault dating from 1968 to 1981 and two charges of breach of the peace. He did not enter a plea during the hearing. In May 2017, Talbot was convicted of seven charges of indecent assault against boys that took place on trips to Scotland while he was a teacher at Altrincham Grammar

Amazing that it has taken until recent years for his actions to be looked into. I used to hear stories from mates who went to Alti Grammar 30+ years ago about the shit he used to get up to. It was like some big open secret that half of South Manchester seemed to know about.

Yeah, like you say, it was common knowledge around Hale and Bowdon 30 years or so ago.

We knew something had gone wrong with his star watching club, and that came out at his trial.

A pal of mine was at Alty Grammar back in the day, and he told me a lesson was taken by Fred when their usual teacher was absent, and they spent the hour talking about skinny dipping.

My friend said it seemed weird at the time. He was 13 or so when that lesson happened.

As a side note, we used to see him regularly in The Railway and Cheshire Midland in Hale, and for years he had his regular boyfriend/partner with him. We never saw him trying to make out with young lads, but the damage had been done before then.

I thought this nonce had been convicted and banged up a couple of years ago?

He was sentenced in February 2015 with the judges recommendation, if that's the correct word, he would serve a minimum time of at least two and a half years before being considered for parole.

He didn't make it to August this year, so after today's verdict, he's looking at another stretch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.