Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's clearly changed to being a LW or ST since his time at Arsenal, it suits him more as he has a bigger impact there.

I already mentioned that it has been said by someone close to Pep he wants 2 players in each spot, your "fluid front 3" argument is then clearly wrong based on that.

We will not agree here, because I'm arguing for 2 in each spot, and you are saying you don't want that.
Who said this?

And regardless, even if he said that and boxed out names for each position. When push comes to shove, he'll take a more talented player from a different position and start him there than play a weaker guy just coz he was penciled in there on the teamsheet

If Sanchez and Sterling were starters and Sterling got injured or suspended, you can be rest assured that Sane or Silva or Debryune will get picked ahead of Roberts.

I mean you don't have to look far to see it happening: at the end of the season when Aguero was playing well and Jesus back healthy, rather than sit one of them Pep chose to Sacrifice Sterling.

He did the same with Gundogan earlier in the season too.

As it currently stands I doubt one of Sane or Sterling is going to be a starter, and that's even before Sanchez is added.

Roberts will be so far down on the list he might never see more than cameos in 2 or 3 games.

People keep forgetting it will be tough benching either Gabby or Kun. Add Sanchez to that and that might be your front 3.

Which already leaves both Dane and Sterling on the bench. Not to mention also one or two of The Silvas, KDB, and Ilkay also will be on the bench. Frankly, if we get Sanchez, there literally will be no room for Roberts on the bench, talkless getting games.

If we buy the lad cos we thought he had potential, loan him out, he does very well and we don't bring him back to give him a go we will look very silly, if he can show what he has by the age of 20 and not get a chance I really struggle to see what academy lads will ever get a look in

Who said this?

And regardless, even if he said that and boxed out names for each position. When push comes to shove, he'll take a more talented player from a different position and start him there than play a weaker guy just coz he was penciled in there on the teamsheet

If Sanchez and Sterling were starters and Sterling got injured or suspended, you can be rest assured that Sane or Silva or Debryune will get picked ahead of Roberts.

I mean you don't have to look far to see it happening: at the end of the season when Aguero was playing well and Jesus back healthy, rather than sit one of them Pep chose to Sacrifice Sterling.

He did the same with Gundogan earlier in the season too.

As it currently stands I doubt one of Sane or Sterling is going to be a starter, and that's even before Sanchez is added.

Roberts will be so far down on the list he might never see more than cameos in 2 or 3 games.

People keep forgetting it will be tough benching either Gabby or Kun. Add Sanchez to that and that might be your front 3.

Which already leaves both Dane and Sterling on the bench. Not to mention also one or two of The Silvas, KDB, and Ilkay also will be on the bench. Frankly, if we get Sanchez, there literally will be no room for Roberts on the bench, talkless getting games.
Your making good points, let's see how this unfolds, I just want Paddy to play for us lol.

If we buy the lad cos we thought he had potential, loan him out, he does very well and we don't bring him back to give him a go we will look very silly, if he can show what he has by the age of 20 and not get a chance I really struggle to see what academy lads will ever get a look in
True enough, but they have to play because they are good enough and better than the purchased players, not just play because they are academy products. The benchmark for our academy lads is VERY high; if lads can't make it, then nothing wrong with making a profit on them

I would like to see him go on loan for a full season in the premier league. Don't think he will get enough game time this season at City. If we do sign Sanchez, which is looking very possible, Roberts would be most games an unused substitute. Would be great to see how he gets on with the thugs in the premiership. Look how good Sinclair looked at Swansea, now I feel that Patrick has so much more potential, but don't think he would get the credit he deserves if he goes to Nice

BBC saying Roberts is expected to leave permanently. 12 clubs after him, including Porto and Celtic

Huddersfield Town have made a loan enquiry for Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts. [ESPN FC]

Porto and Celtic are also among the 12 clubs chasing Patrick Roberts, who is expected to leave Manchester City permanently. [BBC]

Celtic's latest offer for Roberts is considerably well below Manchester City's valuation of the player. [BBC]

Permanent transfer only makes sense if 1.) we get around £15m for him, not the pittance Celtic were reportedly offering (the above suggests that will be the case anyway) and 2.) If, like with Unal, we have a buy back option on him.

A player with a lot of potential and given how much Pep likes his wingers, I thought he would have a chance. But for his sake, I think its best he does get regular football elsewhere.

Hopefully this means we have a big attacking signing up our sleeve...

If sold we should really be getting at least 12m. We should be looking to add a buy back clause of 17-20m.

Celtic is probably the worst option for his development, do not want to see stay there.

Premier League should be the priority followed by Spain, Germany, France.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.