Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A loan to Huddersfield would be a good option. He'd get lots of game time, be up against really strong defenders. Surely he'd learn loads.

15 to 20 million my value.
Celtic rate Tierney in that bracket so Roberts must be the same,maybe even more going by their Dembelle valuation.

A loan to Huddersfield would be perfect. I'll be fuming if we sell him permanently.

True enough, but they have to play because they are good enough and better than the purchased players, not just play because they are academy products. The benchmark for our academy lads is VERY high; if lads can't make it, then nothing wrong with making a profit on them
I agree completely they have to be good enough just that if he's as good as he is at 20 and can't get a sniff it's going to have to be an Owen Messi Giggs type youngster to get in really, I hope we can get a good CC run and field a few of them like Arsenal used to 10/15 years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40292943

lots of club after him. i dont get why we would sell him tbh. one of the best young talents in england. its looking impossible for any young talent, bar the 50 m signings to get in our team.

If Roberts isn't close to playing for our first team it is better to move him on (on our terms obviously) but still keep tracks on his progress, rather than keep him on and doesn't get the right playing time in the team.The likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona do these types of deal all the time.

Last edited:
We should sell him for 15m with a buy-back clause in 2 years for 25m — similar to what we did with Enes Unal and what we're trying to do with Iheanacho

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40292943

lots of club after him. i dont get why we would sell him tbh. one of the best young talents in england. its looking impossible for any young talent, bar the 50 m signings to get in our team.

I agree, it's extremely tough for someone who doesn't cost big money to break into this squad. But you are on to something, loan him to PL club, preferably, Huddersfield, they attempt to actually play football. One year in the PL, his value will skyrocket. Then next season, decide to sell him for 25m - 30m or bring him into this squad. There is no way he will develop in our squad. There isn't enough spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.