Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe some truth in what you say - would be better if there was a party a little more centre ground.

I think the argument is the definition of centre ground. For example, I don't think Corbyn extreme left wing, I see him as left of centre. And getting closer to what many people actually want.

I think the argument is the definition of centre ground. For example, I don't think Corbyn extreme left wing, I see him as left of centre. And getting closer to what many people actually want.

It his issues on security, Ira links, immigration policy that get me not really his economic policy if I am honest. I just don't like his history.

Not disagreeing with that but that is a separate discussion.

You have just done that, disagree with me when i made that very point.

You said you had no idea where i was coming from yet all of a sudden, you accept its an issue?

Its also very much up for discussion when the government is insistent on saying there is no money when the reality of the situation is there is lots of money and they should do far more in making sure its paid.

The tax system in this country is a joke, skewed heavily in favour of the rich and corporates but no real surprise there i guess?

You have just done that, disagree with me when i made that very point.

You said you had no idea where i was coming from yet all of a sudden, you accept its an issue?

Its also very much up for discussion when the government is insistent on saying their is no money when the reality of the situation is there is lots of money and they should do far more in making sure its paid.

The tax system in this country is a joke, skewed heavily in favour of the rich and corporates but no real surprise there i guess?

You are getting your wires crossed I think. You are going on about paye vs deleverate accounting by self employed businesses. That was never my issue. My issues is you can't penalise small business by increasing tax levels as it impacts in jobs and employment. By all means if people are playing the system by clever accounting - clamp down but don't looks to raise a punitive tax across the board as it is proven to hurt those it is supposedly to help. People wanting jobs.

I think we are both struggling a bit here to be honest to understand what we are both getting at.

You are getting your wires crossed. You are going on about paye vs deleverate accounting by self employed businesses. That was never my issue. My issues is you can't penalise small business by increasing tax levels as it impacts in jobs and employment. By all means if people are playing the system by clever accounting - clamp down but don't looks to raise a punitive tax across the board as it is proven to hurt those it is supposedly to help. People wanting jobs.

I think we are both struggling a bit here to be honest to understand what we are both getting at.

Ive not once said increase tax levels for small business. Ive said they should be made to pay all tax due in the same way big corporations should be made to pay all tax due along with Millionaires and Billionaires etc etc etc.

As a society, we all have a duty to pay what we are due to pay and i'm sick of hearing how small business or entrepreneurs should be treated differently or that Starbucks and Amazon will pick their ball up and take it home if we threaten them with a tax bill.

Radical i know but lets fill the treasury with all that is due and see if we need to carry on with austerity?

Im guessing not!

Ive not once said increase tax levels for small business. Ive said they should be made to pay all tax due in the same way big corporations should be made to pay all tax due along with Millionaires and Billionaires etc etc etc.

As a society, we all have a duty to pay what we are due to pay and i'm sick of hearing how small business or entrepreneurs should be treated differently or that Starbucks and Amazon will pick their ball up and take it home if we threaten them with a tax bill.

Radical i know but lets fill the treasury with all that is due and see if we need to carry on with austerity?

Im guessing not!

I think I agree with you. We got there in the end. Now what about my Facebook link?

I think I agree with you. We got there in the end. Now what about my Facebook link?

Please dont take this personally but as a businessman you will use an accountant and part of his job will be to minimise your tax liabilities yes?

Its what all self employed people and businesses do and it legal.

My point is it shouldn't be legal and that tax should be a red line for the government in that you pay whats due 100%.

Our corporation tax rates are a joke with a gun held to the countries head now by big business.

Id scrap it tomorrow and introduce a turnover tax which is non negotiable and will be paid by all business.

Please dont take this personally but as a businessman you will use an accountant and part of his job will be to minimise your tax liabilities yes?

My point is it shouldn't be legal and that tax should be a red line for the government in that you pay whats due 100%.

Our corporation tax rates are a joke with a gun held to the countries head now by big business.

Id scrap it tomorrow and introduce a turnover tax which is non negotiable and will be paid by all business.

Yes - I do all I can to manage my tax as managed by my accountants. I leave it to them but I guess your idea would rake in more tax. There are ways to manage the system as you say.

Well I am buying her a salon and she struggles academically so that is part of the reason but I just don't se the pint if her having 50k of debt to get a 25k a year job when she can grow a business from age 20 and she wants to have kids by 25ish so just didn't make sense.
You should have explained to her that it's not really a 'debt', it's a contribution. It never needs to be paid off and at £25k a year she'd pay off about £8 per week on top of her tax and NI.

unless you're going to go all Trumpian and say you can't sell it here unless you make it or play absolutely by our rules (which I'm not sure we're in the bargaining position to play) then they'd just bugger off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.