Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
so your generation has been treated like shit, so the next generation should be as well.
Is that really an argument you want to go with?

how about not treating the next generation like shit and your generation being compensated for being treated like shit, wouldnt that be a better way to go?

We're not being compensated though, we'll have to pay for it. The next generation paying is fair and not being treated like shit, us paying for all is the only shit treatment.

We're not being compensated though, we'll have to pay for it. The next generation paying is fair and not being treated like shit, us paying for all is the only shit treatment.
the next generation is paying between 3 times and 9 times what you paid, how is that fair, if you think you paying is fair in the first place

surely even by your logic they should be paying the same as you did (adjusted for inflation)

it is a debt though and is taken into account when you apply for other loans, so house purchases become harder for example.
It certainly gets taken into account when affordability is calculated but it won't add to your debt as it's not enforceable. I just find it funny that many people think graduates paying 9% of their income, above £21k for 30 years, is acceptable but were a politician to suggest putting income tax up by 9% on earnings over £21k he would be all kinds of Marxist that didn't understand the damage that raising tax rates would do!
This is money that graduates will not be spending just ploughing into state coffers for 30 years. It will affect how they pay for housing, whether they save for pensions and their whole future prosperity. They are already the first generation in history earning less than the previous one.
Total student debt has just gone over £100B (up by over 16% this year) and is forecast to double by 2023. It is completely unsustainable in its current form and needs to be looked at again. Cameron and Clegg allowed fees to rise to 'up to' £9000 because students would vote with their feet based on price and quality. Now every universities fees are at that level and they're all about to go up. Finally, the rates of interest being applied to loans, whilst studying is inflation (RPI) plus 3%. That's currently 4.6%. With inflation now approaching 3% it could well be 6% by this time next year and that interest is compounded. It will never be paid back by most people but, if earning £40k would be an extra tax bill of £145 per month on top of tax and NI. Imagine taking out a 30 year loan, with no idea of the interest, no idea of the repayments and no idea if the terms will be changed at any time (the government were due to raise the earnings before paying back threshold in 2017 but have put that off until 2021 (or never). If Wonga were selling that product, Which and Watchdog would be running articles and the government would be legislating!

I see that woman on tv, & backed up by people like Boris Johnson, & Gove, in the middle of a brexit fiasco, which the opposition skillfully hid away from 'til it was over,thus leaving most of the shit on the, useless bent,, incompetent, ugly, government, then I see that bearded twat & his stupid fuckwit followers, smugly celebrating losing to them.

The Tories are Utd & Labour are Arsenal.

What a bunch of cunts, the lot of 'em.
The reason Brexit became a non issue during the election wasn't because the Tories were successful in hiding it, it was because Labour too are committed to carrying it through and didn't contest the premise of it during the election.
I don't think anybody is cerebrating losing the election. What they are celebrating is the destruction of the myth of the unelectability of any party or person to the left of centre of the political spectrum.
As for your football analogy, just think of "noisy neighbours" and" never in my lifetime", and the moment Mancini said he was going the tear the banner down. That's what happened at this election and that is why people are so elated.

The reason Brexit became a non issue during the election wasn't because the Tories were successful in hiding it, it was because Labour too are committed to carrying it through and didn't contest the premise of it during the election.
I don't think anybody is cerebrating losing the election. What they are celebrating is the destruction of the myth of the unelectability of any party or person to the left of centre of the political spectrum.
As for your football analogy, just think of "noisy neighbours" and" never in my lifetime", and the moment Mancini said he was going the tear the banner down. That's what happened at this election and that is why people are so elated.

Bollocks.

It's like Utd won, with Moyes as the manager, & Bebe at centre forward & Martin Margetson in nets, we had 20 penalties & still came 2nd.

I see that woman on tv, & backed up by people like Boris Johnson, & Gove, in the middle of a brexit fiasco, which the opposition skillfully hid away from 'til it was over,thus leaving most of the shit on the, useless bent,, incompetent, ugly, government, then I see that bearded twat & his stupid fuckwit followers, smugly celebrating losing to them.

The Tories are Utd & Labour are Arsenal.

What a bunch of cunts, the lot of 'em.
This. Unfortunately there isn't a 'City' party to vote for.

I've still not had anyone explain to me how free university tuition is a bribe, a bribe to who? No-one currently at university would be affected, there are currently about 800k 18 year olds, some of whom will already be at uni and who are generally likely to vote labour in any case. It's popular policy because people who have been and paid the fees realise that its damaging and wish future generations didn't have to pay. Somehow this policy has been twisted into 'bribing the young' and is the reason St Theresa didn't get her expected majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.