Grenfell Tower block disaster

Heard a woman on the radio today from Tamworth who lived briefly in a tower block... she said that the block she was in plus another 4 in the area were given the option of passive fire upgrades or a sprinkler system.. they chose the passive system as the installation of sprinkler pipes would cause too much mess and upheaval... so you can't always blame the authorities

The death toll here seems likely to reach horrendous levels... RIP those lost

I appreciate I am speculating but - if they were in full possession of the facts they may have made a different choice I.e 'we've put a load of cheap, flammable material on the outside of the building that has made your home more hazardous'. I think they may have gone for the sprinkler option

It's risk assessment that came under new regulations for self-assessment. It doesn't affect building regulations and the legal standards of fire protection and escape routes.
Ye I understand that mate but the emphasis is on the owner for fire maintenance etc, so the maintenance company should have called out the refurb if complaints from residents were valid

This must be a major part of any future enquiry, having young kids, elderly, or disabled people in the top floors of any social high rise development, must be prevented for the reasons of evacuation alone. Any major evacuation means you can't use the lift, which means they are basically stuck, that is horrible to even contemplate. Its clear tonight that even 3 fit and young brothers didn't all make it out, imagine you have 2 or 3 kids to organise, keep in check, in that chaos, never mind someone who struggles to walk.

Any enquiry needs to go a lot further than just cladding.
They really need two enquiries. An urgent enquiry into the cause of the fire, why it spread and the implications for tower blocks across the uk. And a second more comprehensive enquiy encompassing the background, root causes, failings, lessons learned etc

On another note Boris when he closed the fire stations also cancelled a 100m water platform do you know what he ordered instead, fucking water canons for riot control!! I'm sure that platform would have come in handy.

On another note Boris when he closed the fire stations also cancelled a 100m water platform do you know what he ordered instead, fucking water canons for riot control!! I'm sure that platform would have come in handy.

If this is true - I look forward to see Boris lying through his teeth to the public enquiry.

I didn't realise that there are many other people displaced by this horrific tragedy.

Of course all the flats etc in the immediate area must have been evacuated too. Imagine this happening on your doorstep.

USA banned this cladding. I'm no BUILDING REGS EXPERT but I have common sense.

It was very obviously shit cladding that caused this ............NOTHING that burns should be clad around tall buildings which have no sprinklers and only one stairwell.

You do not need to be a fucking building expert to understand that

It is most definitely criminal

USA banned this cladding. I'm no BUILDING REGS EXPERT but I have common sense.

It was very obviously shit cladding that caused this ............NOTHING that burns should be clad around tall buildings which have no sprinklers and only one stairwell.

You do not need to be a fucking building expert to understand that

It is most definitely criminal

You probably do have to be an expert, it looked like Hillsborough was caused by the supporters, it wasn't, and it could quite likely be something completely unrelated at fault here

Ps kinder eggs are banned in the USA too

Pps I think it was the cladding too but I am just another internet gobshite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.