Txiki Begiristain

That's two signings wrapped up and it's not even the end of May. We're moving at some speed this summer, and Txiki to be fair always lands his targets.
Not blaming him because no one lands all their targets.
Last season that we actually know about:
Pogba, Laporte, Bonnucci & Mbappe

“Pep looked very well,” Laporta says. “He was here for a few days, so we met up and he was very upbeat. He’s happy at City, optimistic he can build something. And, the way they plan to go about strengthening the team, I think they’re going to be extremely strong. The fans will be very excited.” There is a pause and a cheeky grin, which there is often with Laporta, always famously good company, and he adds: “I don’t know what they’re going to do, eh!” He continues: “What I do know, and very well, is Pep and Txiki and that they’re capable of building a team that will enthuse people.”

He sounds excited!

Full interview here:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...elona-board-resign-pep-guardiola-lionel-messi

He's turned £1.5m into £22m through Unal and Mooy. Buyback clauses on both.

Surprised this thread hasn't been bumped...

Could be £3m into £45m if Kelechi goes too.

Looks like we will also just about double our money on Delph as well.

So looks like Alves deal is off, and we are going into pre season with no fullbacks is this another Txiki defender transfer shambles or just unfortunate.

(Notice I said defensive shambles as he was useless at buying them at barca, while offensively he bought quite ok).

Last edited:
Don't think Txiki is that great, We have been planning to get Pep as the manager since Txiki and Soriano came in. And Txiki knew this. Yet he sanctioned transfers like Mangala, Fernando and Bony. Players Pep doesn't rate.

As much as Txiki had to prepare for Pep and he did so by organizing deals for KDB, Sterling and Stones amongst others. He also had to provide players for Pellegrini, I don't believe that Mangala, Fernando and Bony are bad players. They simply didn't fit in here and you could maybe argue due to Pellegrini's tactics they failed to adapt.

Mangala was very highly rated CB and whilst we overpaid a bit, I don't think anyone had concerns and certainly not after his first game!
Fernando, considered a bit of a bargain after his consistent performances in the CL and a strong performer for Porto.
Bony, a big physical presence which we lacked and we were buying the highest goalscorer in the country (by calendar year) Txiki isn't at fault that Bony didn't settle and then got sick and hasn't been the same since.

Txiki knows he has to go big this summer so I still remain confident.

If he gets it wrong then not only he, but also Pep could be out if a job this time next year.

As much as Txiki had to prepare for Pep and he did so by organizing deals for KDB, Sterling and Stones amongst others. He also had to provide players for Pellegrini, I don't believe that Mangala, Fernando and Bony are bad players. They simply didn't fit in here and you could maybe argue due to Pellegrini's tactics they failed to adapt.

Mangala was very highly rated CB and whilst we overpaid a bit, I don't think anyone had concerns and certainly not after his first game!
Fernando, considered a bit of a bargain after his consistent performances in the CL and a strong performer for Porto.
Bony, a big physical presence which we lacked and we were buying the highest goalscorer in the country (by calendar year) Txiki isn't at fault that Bony didn't settle and then got sick and hasn't been the same since.
+1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.