Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's assume that Alexis is a done deal, and we'll use the attacking group of 3 players next season.
Getting B.Silva means that we'll often see KdB as a part of this attacking group.
So, we have 6 players for 3 positions: GJ, Aguero, Sane, Sterling, Alexis, KdB. I'm not even counting B.Silva who can play there as well.
6 players for 3 positions is more that enough, the only realistic way for Roberts to get some gametime is displacing Sterling who is arguably the best English attacking player right now.
IMO loaning Roberts out or selling with a buyback clause is a sensible idea.

Got to go abroad for me; to another team with a better than outside chance of winning it in a fairly competetive-ish league (which is a step up from the Scotch), and almost as big a "must" would be that the team has European football of one type or another.

1 season long loan. How old will that make him?
Successful and we still rate him, assess again.
If he's ready, he's ready. If he's not, he's not.

His awareness and passing can sometimes look originalSilva-esque.

That video, do people still say "BOOM!"?

...and how old was originalSilva before he turned into the player we idolise?

Anyway, I reckon we just keep on giving the lad good advice (all this experience will give him more exposure and to a wider audience and will clearly give him career development) , wait, and assess later;

but one things for sure, he isn't ready yet and (as others have pointed out) there just isn't enough space for a bun fight, it's crowded enough with the "big money", "established full internationals", "crowd favourites", "etc...etc...etc"; so no need to ruin his development by throwing him in there too.

At a guess I think there's probably enough "competition" with the players we've got in midfield as it is (+ this summer's mr big)

all IMO

The kid isn't going to learn being at a 3rd rate club with 3rd rate players and manager playing a completely different game. Even if he doesn't get a lot of time in games, with Pep coaching, and the stellar players around him, he can get a lot from a few months training with the team. Give him until January to get up to speed and then see what's best for him.

The kid isn't going to learn being at a 3rd rate club with 3rd rate players and manager playing a completely different game. Even if he doesn't get a lot of time in games, with Pep coaching, and the stellar players around him, he can get a lot from a few months training with the team. Give him until January to get up to speed and then see what's best for him.

Why did Enes Unal value raised from 2m to 12m in a one year !

Is it because of Pep's training or because he played full season and showed his worth ?

Playing consistently > Training with best manager in the best training facility

Just going to make this comparison; Real Madrid's Marco Asensio is very similar in build to Patrick Roberts. He went out on loan and came back as a squad player and was okay with that, he didn't got alot of minutes but he was playing and training with the squad and being prepared for the future. He became a squad player for Madrid at 20 years of age; the same age Roberts would be with us next season. Madrid have crazy depth and found a way to get him minutes and around the team; this is what I believe is best for Roberts and City down the line; integrating him into the first team right away.

Only mentioning this because I saw Asensio score a hattrick today and I couldn't help but notice the similarities to Roberts, while Asensio is primarily a LW and Roberts a RW they are both small, agile, left footed dribblers with great finishing ability.

Just going to make this comparison; Real Madrid's Marco Asensio is very similar in build to Patrick Roberts. He went out on loan and came back as a squad player and was okay with that, he didn't got alot of minutes but he was playing and training with the squad and being prepared for the future. He became a squad player for Madrid at 20 years of age; the same age Roberts would be with us next season. Madrid have crazy depth and found a way to get him minutes and around the team; this is what I believe is best for Roberts and City down the line; integrating him into the first team right away.

Only mentioning this because I saw Asensio score a hattrick today and I couldn't help but notice the similarities to Roberts, while Asensio is primarily a LW and Roberts a RW they are both small, agile, left footed dribblers with great finishing ability.

Real Madrid bought Asensio for 3million and they appreciate his quality while we bought Roberts for 12m and I hope the club will appreciate him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.