Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his pace goes he could always go on goal if Ederson was ever out. :-)

What a great signing he would be. He still has it and he would bring a winners mindset to our squad which is sometimes missing. Backing this one all the way.

At 34, his performance is likely to drop off the cliff any given season....especially in Pep's team, where FB's have such a big part to play in his system... As a backup, where he might play 10-15games in a season, he would be a great signing and offer great experience but shouldnt be counted on for starting 11. If there is one position we need to get younger, fitter, quicker its Fullback. Alves in my opinion is a short term fix for a very big long term problem.

He played 39 games last season and started 34 of them, that's more than any year since 2012 and his performances were still top class, including scoring 6 and assisting 6 in 26 games for Juventus.

He's a remarkably consistent player who is rarely injured and has shown no signs of deterioration in his performances. Any player could see a drop off at any time, but that's the risk you take. There are no signs of that happening to Alves.

What a great signing he would be. He still has it and he would bring a winners mindset to our squad which is sometimes missing. Backing this one all the way.

This.

If he was to go to another PL club I'd be disappointed... sign of a good signing.

Think our interest is genuine. Hopefully the lure of working with Guardiola again will swing it our way.

Cheers. Hopefully it happens, he's still a class right back. Being able to potentialy rotate him and Walker would be quite the upgrade from Zaba/Sagna. Helps out in all aspects of the way we want to play. God I am excited to watch City next season, the football we might put on show is mouthwatering!

He played 39 games last season and started 34 of them, that's more than any year since 2012 and his performances were still top class, including scoring 6 and assisting 6 in 26 games for Juventus.

He's a remarkably consistent player who is rarely injured and has shown no signs of deterioration in his performances. Any player could see a drop off at any time, but that's the risk you take. There are no signs of that happening to Alves.

This.

He also did all of that despite breaking his leg at the beginning of the season.

Anyone who thinks he's past his best obviously didn't notice he was MOTM in both semi final legs as well.

Granted I only saw juve a handful of times last season but in every game dani alves looked great and looked as good as he ever did. Be interested to know why juve are looking to get rid after only one season tho.

This.

agree he would bring a winning mindset and bring experience to the squad...would be an excellent signing as long as we not counting on him starting 2 games a week. However we feel about the signing, its clear he doesnt fix our long term issues...when/if Mendy and Walker are signed I will like this signing even more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.