Your first pint?

Greenalls Festival ---- didn't stay with it for long ... mind you, my very first pints didnt stay with me for long.

Was then raised on Robbies ales and Old Tom. My uncle was the landlord at the Davenport Arms in Woodford (Thieves Neck) and he'd serve pints of "Father-in-law" (Old and Mild) and "Mother-in-law" (Old and Bitter).

In the Parkside with a few mates (all of us well under age) after a midweek reserve game in late 1965. I'm not sure what the bitter was but it may have been Wilson's. (That was my only visit to the Parkside). I couldn't wait for it to go down. I don't have that problem now. Funny how tastes change ;)

McEwans export on a train to visit my grandparents near Redcar. Dad bought it and laughed as i drank it like pop as it tasted like shandy. He should have noticed an issue When i asked for another after 5mins :-D

Greenalls mild in the crown northwich 1974 18 pence in hindsight it wasn't worth that much. Went on a session 2 weeks later at Broadhursts club mild with period chasers sick as a dog and never drunk either since

Greenalls Festival ---- didn't stay with it for long ... mind you, my very first pints didnt stay with me for long.

Was then raised on Robbies ales and Old Tom. My uncle was the landlord at the Davenport Arms in Woodford (Thieves Neck) and he'd serve pints of "Father-in-law" (Old and Mild) and "Mother-in-law" (Old and Bitter).

Robbies getting a lot right just now and if you like Leffe beer you have got to try the new Blonde Tom, its brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.