Your first pint?

Greenalls Festival ---- didn't stay with it for long ... mind you, my very first pints didnt stay with me for long.

Was then raised on Robbies ales and Old Tom. My uncle was the landlord at the Davenport Arms in Woodford (Thieves Neck) and he'd serve pints of "Father-in-law" (Old and Mild) and "Mother-in-law" (Old and Bitter).
Was my local for a while, used to do great steak and kidney, boddies about 1981 the Victoria in Bramhall 50p a pint in the vault think.

Pint of OB ( Oldham Brewery) bitter , aged 15, (1972), Chadderton Bowling Club ( across the road from South Chadd Youth Club), Friday night , 12p
I remember it like yesterday.

It was our 'coming of age' local from the age of 15 onwards when the licensees were slightly more relaxed! Belhaven made some good beers at the time, including a fine light beer. My mum used to work in the labs helping the head brewer!

On the occasions I was in there, in the corner was a woman you wouldn't argue with. Very scary and very colourful language but apparently she was a retired teacher. They don't make teachers like her anymore.

On the occasions I was in there, in the corner was a woman you wouldn't argue with. Very scary and very colourful language but apparently she was a retired teacher. They don't make teachers like her anymore.
Having attended Dunbar grammar school it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Funny place Dunbar. Very picturesque but rough as f*ck. I do hope the natives were friendly when you visited.

Beer; Ruddles
Cider; GL
I think.

Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but baby jesus teaches us to love our enemies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.