Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I'm not convinced we are in for him at all but a player that scores 43 in 49 isn't something I'd turn my nose up.

I'm sure he would only be considered a backup to Sanchez rather than as well as or instead of.

Pep seems insistent on 'buying goals' as he's put it before and this guy fits the mold, I just do not believe we are seriously in for him as a first choice transfer.

Maybe its not Auba OR Sanchez?....Maybe its Auba instead of Mbappe and Sanchez?

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 46s46 seconds ago
*Maybe* it's an alternative to Mbappe, but think that would have bigger implications on current options as Auba can only play through middle

Not sure what Sam is on about here, Auba played on both left and right flank during his career at Saint-Etienne and played 20 games on the wing his first season at Dortmund.

He's just more effective using his speed to run on long balls and in counter attacking, but that doesn't mean he can't. Though he scored 31 in 31 last season, I wasn't that impressed with Auba in the same way Aguero, in a way, disappointed - poor conversion rate, for every goal he'd miss three or four sitters.

His passing is nothing special and he's as greedy as they come. I just don't see him as a valid alternative, or even replacement, to Sanchez.

Not sure what Sam is on about here, Auba played on both left and right flank during his career at Saint-Etienne and played 20 games on the wing his first season at Dortmund.

He's just more effective using his speed to run on long balls and in counter attacking, but that doesn't mean he can't. Though he scored 31 in 31 last season, I wasn't that impressed with Auba in the same way Aguero, in a way, disappointed - poor conversion rate, for every goal he'd miss three or four sitters.

His passing is nothing special and he's as greedy as they come. I just don't see him as a valid alternative, or even replacement, to Sanchez.

I agree mate...I dont see him as alternative for Sanchez but do think his playing style compares closely to Mbappe. If Mbappe is no longer an option, then Auba is a very nice plan B. I'm not sure how this would impact the Sanchez deal but anyone that scored 43 goals in 49 games in 2016/17 must be doing something right!;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.