Finsbury Park mosque attack

I've decided my interpretation of this - it's not a terrorist attack, it's a murderous hate crime. You don't describe neo-Nazi activities as terrorist unless they're trying to further a political agenda.

People trying to apply the same response to terrorist attacks recently such as "why do the media not make mention of his religion" are way off the mark.
People were posting "Why do the media not mention..." type comments before the media had even written their stories. I saw "Muslim attacker = terrorist, white attacker = lone wolf" comments at the same time that literally every media outlet was calling it a terrorist attack.

People were posting "Why do the media not mention..." type comments before the media had even written their stories. I saw "Muslim attacker = terrorist, white attacker = lone wolf" comments at the same time that literally every media outlet was calling it a terrorist attack.
Surely Abedi was a lone wolf nut job like this bloke is

It's like petty arguing.

It appears the guy was a lone wolf and terrorists are a) people with political agendas and b) usually (though not always) act on behalf of organised groups of individuals sharing the same aims.

Surely Abedi was a lone wolf nut job like this bloke is
Is that sarcasm?

It was reported he was part of a network he had been introduced to through radicalisation. Besides that, he'd been part of a militia in Libya and also his father and brothers were likewise involved in Libyan conflicts. Hence he was a very politicised individual, acting within politically motivated and terrorist groups.

Is that sarcasm?

It was reported he was part of a network he had been introduced to through radicalisation. Besides that, he'd been part of a militia in Libya and also his father and brothers were likewise involved in Libyan conflicts. Hence he was a very politicised individual, acting within political and terrorist groups.
sarcasm? where did you get that from?..ffs can't say owt on here these days without overreactions

I've just seen your reply,I've been out,the "old guy" we talk about has since long left us,a proper gent,and a fellow scotch man like yourself,called a spade a spade and all that,and if I'm one of the daft cunts you talk about I was 18 at the time,I'm now 46 and never forgot his words,nor will I ever
28 years later there's still no civil war so it would appear that he was wrong.

I must say I've been bewildered by this too. It's been labelled as a terrorist attack by every outlet I've seen, including the Daily Mail (despite a snidely cropped sub-head doing the rounds on Twitter courtesy of JK Rowling)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.