Finsbury Park mosque attack

On the issue of are mental issues to blame? In the case of Osborne he must have mental health issues. Why else would a person with a family including young children decide to donate a minimum of 10 years, possibly 20+ if they succeed, of their life. Probably lose their partner and children and no doubt any friend they ever had. Their job, career and any financial future for what? Because they are offended by people who dress differently than them. Worship differently and that assumes that they have religious beliefs which today in the UK is unlikely. Talk differently and generally just look different. That's a hell of a price for stupidity so the only rational is that they have mental issues.

Please stop, Please.

The terrorist who blew himself up in Manchester undoubtedly had mental health issues, a young man with his whole life ahead of him etc, etc. But the debate about him never starts with his mental health, it starts with his political motivation. But when it comes to this guy and the murderer of Joe Cox the mental health of the perpetrator is front and centre and their political motivations are downplayed.

This is quite deliberate and you have to ask the question...Why?

So every soldier in WW2 had mental health issues? You can't just say that anyone who kills has mental health issues without a diagnosis. And there's very little evidence to my knowledge linking terrorists to recognised mental health issues.
I think terrorists are far more comparable to cult members than mentally ill. Manson family type shit, brainwashed into becoming psychopaths in the misguided belief of a purpose in life. You've probably got to have something a bit wrong with you to start with to be that susceptible to that sort of thing, but there area shit load of vulnerable people out there who are desperate for anything to connect to

But you would agree that all Muslims are not Jihadists, right? Anybody who wants to kill people has mental health issues so Jihadists by definition would fit the bill.

Your first point 'all muslims are not Jihadists' is obviously true. However, I believe your second is seriously wide of the mark.

Do all Christians who believe in the resurrection have mental health problems, or is it a benign belief in a particular religious docterine - a belief that many would appear utterly outlandish and ridiculous - that precludes mental health issues? Do all racists have mental health problems? No they don't. The fact that we find a belief so utterly alien, so compleyely foreign does not make the believer mentally ill; they would lay that claim at your door too with stoical conviction.

Last edited:
Please stop, Please.

The terrorist who blew himself up in Manchester undoubtedly had mental health issues, a young man with his whole life ahead of him etc, etc. But the debate about him never starts with his mental health, it starts with his political motivation. But when it comes to this guy and the murderer of Joe Cox the mental health of the perpetrator is front and centre and their political motivations are downplayed.

This is quite deliberate and you have to ask the question...Why?

I think you are missing a point and that's apart from the fact that this thread is about last night's attack at Finsbury park. My post was trying to illustrate that an individual with family, not a loner was motivated by what most sane people would describe as superficial was prepared to chuck everything away. You tell me, sane or mental? I was not trying to demonstrate any connection to other incidents or make any comment on the sanity of those involved.

It's disgusting that innocent people can get deliberately targeted. I hope that the scumbag that did this never sees the light of day again. People should be able to go about their business without some dickhead trying to kill them for nothing

I think you are missing a point and that's apart from the fact that this thread is about last night's attack at Finsbury park. My post was trying to illustrate that an individual with family, not a loner was motivated by what most sane people would describe as superficial was prepared to chuck everything away. You tell me, sane or mental? I was not trying to demonstrate any connection to other incidents or make any comment on the sanity of those involved.

You are missing the point so completely that it truly emphasises the difficulty in thinking about this issue. They are not 'chucking everything away' because they truly believe their actions will give them a first class ticket to paradise. If you believe this to be true, then your actions become the definition of sane.

The reason why people tend to say western people are mentally ill when they commit such acts is that their isn't a part of Christanity or Atheism that teaches such acts in this day and age. You've completely missed that point. He may well not have diagnosed mental illness but I'm just saying the reason people tend to go down the mental illness route is because there isn't the equivalent of Salafism or Wahhabism in western culture where you can pinpoint brainwashing. Even the bastard EDL don't preach murder.

You don't have to be brainwashed to do these things, western culture has always seen acts like this, kamikaze pilots, suicide bombers or attacks like Finsbury Park where escape is almost impossible, as the acts of a brainwashed zealot or a mentally deranged individual. We do it to comfort ourselves, nothing more.

This guy was motivated, find out where he got his motivation and address that, we won't because it will take us to uncomfortable places. That's why we reach for the mental illness tag and it is a profound injustice to the victims.

You don't have to be brainwashed to do these things, western culture has always seen acts like this, kamikaze pilots, suicide bombers or attacks like Finsbury Park where escape is almost impossible, as the acts of a brainwashed zealot or a mentally deranged individual. We do it to comfort ourselves, nothing more.

This guy was motivated, find out where he got his motivation and address that, we won't because it will take us to uncomfortable places. That's why we reach for the mental illness tag and it is a profound injustice to the victims.

You like the use of the word zealot. This loser today - what a twat putting his bitterness over being there for his 3/4 kids for the next twenty years, not to mention attacking innocents. Believe it was a grandfather who died.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.