Finsbury Park mosque attack

You are missing the point so completely that it truly emphasises the difficulty in thinking about this issue. They are not 'chucking everything away' because they truly believe their actions will give them a first class ticket to paradise. If you believe this to be true, then your actions become the definition of sane.

Try reading all my posts on this thread before picking on the last one to quote. Mine have nothing to do with suicide bombers.

How many more civil war free years will it take before you admit he was wrong?

You seem very precious or touchy about my comments,why is this ? Do you live in a rose tinted bubble and see all things going on in the world behind a laptop and tv ?

If you can't see that something is bubbling away here,then your rose tinted bubble has no peepholes for you to see through.

You pull me up on the 28 year line,yes I'm 46 now so the maths calculation you did was spot on,about the only thing we agree on here with looks of things

Your first point 'all muslims are not Jihadists' is obviously true. However, I believe your second is seriously wide of the mark.

Do all Christians who believe in the resurrection have mental health problems, or is it a benign belief in a particular religious docterine - a belief that many would appear utterly outlandish and ridiculous - that precludes mental health issues? Do all racists have mental health problems? No they don't. The fact that we find a belief so utterly alien, so compleyely foreign does not make the believer mentally ill; they would lay that claim at your door too with stoical conviction.

I don't think anyone who goes out to kill is mentally ill unless there is clear evidence they had absolutely no idea what they were doing or lacked the capacity to understand what they were doing.

This is the difference, a person who both understands and then executes their method of thinking for a purpose is not mentally ill. The who, what and why is irrelevant but if there is no obvious who, what and why then yes they are mentally ill.

The reason we are saying these people are mentally ill is because we can't understand it but they might understand it very clearly, it is just a different perspective which makes them murderers and not actually ill people.

How many more civil war free years will it take before you admit he was wrong?

I would say a nutter driving from Wales and driving a van to run people over weeks after kids had been blown up at a concert and on the same night hardy mentioned another terrorist plot was foiled in Birmingham (the 9th in 3 months) means he clearly was not far off (and things could - lets hope not get far worse - who would have predicted all this 15 years ago?) No need for you to be so dismissive. It is hardly good what is going on is it?

I was reading earlier that Osborne was kicked out of a pub on Saturday night for abusing Muslims and threatening to do some damage. And it made me think..... if this attack had been the other way round and it transpired that the attacker had recently been kicked out of a mosque for similar reasons, we'd all be wondering why the "community" didn't report this worrying behaviour to the relevant authorities. We'd quite rightly be questioning how someone could make these threats in public one day and then be free to go and carry them out the next.

I'm not trying to score any points here, I just think it throws up some interesting discussions and shows we've all got a role to play in stopping this fuckwittery from escalating further.

1 in 4 referrals to Prevent are for right wing radicalisation.

In some areas (South Wales and South Yorkshire) it is about 50%.

That's a lot of "mental illness".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.