Finsbury Park mosque attack

If someone commits a crime arrest them, don't send them for reprogramming.

Interesting word to use. How about rehabilitation, education, counselling, therapy...?

Should we not try to prevent this from happening by looking for warning signs, rather than just waiting for people to be attacked or killed?

The Orwellian bit is the high numbers not the subject.
What do you mean by high numbers?

Interesting word to use. How about rehabilitation, education, counselling, therapy...?

Should we not try to prevent this from happening by looking for warning signs, rather than just waiting for people to be attacked or killed?

What do you mean by high numbers?

"Rehabilitation"? changing someones opinion that differs from the norm? Not for me mate as I said it's a bit on the state indoctrination side for me to contemplate. Can this prevent strategy force people to go through the process? Is it compulsory?

I would say a nutter driving from Wales and driving a van to run people over weeks after kids had been blown up at a concert and on the same night hardy mentioned another terrorist plot was foiled in Birmingham (the 9th in 3 months) means he clearly was not far off (and things could - lets hope not get far worse - who would have predicted all this 15 years ago?) No need for you to be so dismissive. It is hardly good what is going on is it?
I think plenty of people could have predicted this 15 years ago - when we invaded Iraq, if they'd sat down to think about it.

"Rehabilitation"? changing someones opinion that differs from the norm? Not for me mate as I said it's a bit on the state indoctrination side for me to contemplate. Can this prevent strategy force people to go through the process? Is it compulsory?
Why only pick on one of the 4 options? I take it you haven't been through or have much understanding of what's involved in the different processes.

I think the language you're using is a bit over the top for something where "The aim is to identify those at risk of being drawn into terrorism, assess what the risk might be and then develop support for those referred to them."

I don't know whether it's compulsory, but I guess not because no actual crime has been committed.

I understand and agree that we should definitely be wary about state indoctrination, of course we should. But, in the current climate I see it as tackling or reversing extreme indoctrination from several sides.

I don't know the answer but surely we cannot ignore it.

I think plenty of people could have predicted this 15 years ago - when we invaded Iraq, if they'd sat down to think about it.

Invading Iraq is no excuse for people blowing innocent teenagers to bits. However affronted Islamic people might have been about western govts actions most normal people don't take those govt actions and then perpetrate these murderous acts. It is extremist ideology that causes people to undertake these heinous acts of terror an innocent civilians.

If it were simply the Iraq war on the same basis why don't we have Argentinian terrorists blowing innocent people up.

Sick of liberals (SJW's) making excuses for these people. On that basis right wing terrorists now have an excuse to bomb Muslims to bits. There is absolutely no excuse for this terror, absolutely none.

Invading Iraq is no excuse for people blowing innocent teenagers to bits. However affronted Islamic people might have been about western govts actions most normal people don't take those govt actions and then perpetrate these murderous acts. It is extremist ideology that causes people to undertake these heinous acts of terror an innocent civilians.

If it were simply the Iraq war on the same basis why don't we have Argentinian terrorists blowing innocent people up.

Sick of liberals (SJW's) making excuses for these people. On that basis right wing terrorists now have an excuse to bomb Muslims to bits. There is absolutely no excuse for this terror, absolutely none.
You think the Iraq war has played no part in this?

Last night a Facebook 'friend' came up on my profile as liking Britain First. I had a look on their page and the amount of people celebrating the van attack was sickening. If thousands of people are happy to post this bile in the public domain then how many secretly share these sentiments?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.