Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
No?

Maicon in Inter's treble season is arguably the best individual season from any fullback ever.

Dunno if the spell at City has clouded people's memory of the player or what but him and Alves are comfortably the best 2 RBs since Cafu.

Perhaps the most hyperbolic statement I've ever read on Bluemoon, and that takes some doing!

I rated Maicon by the way. I think people go way over the top with criticising his performances at City. I remember him having a couple of excellent games, away at Madrid and off the bench at home against Spurs for example. People just wrote him off for that game for Inter where Bale rinsed him. Same as a lot of England fans did with Barry against Germany at the World Cup.

The reason I was asking if you were joking was because I can only assume you know nothing about Zanetti at Inter. Do a little research.

If we've signed him, it's dumb, short term thinking.

As has been said, it could go well, but it's very high risk. My prediction is he's not going to look as good in our team as he did in Juve.

Perhaps it's short term thinking with one eye on the future.

Perhaps Pep believes Maffeo has what it takes but thinks he needs more senior football before he can compete for his place at City.

What to do? Sign one right back in his peak and one veteran, that way when Maffeo has another year of senior football in him he can come back as an understudy to Alves in the latter's final year.

Alternatively I guess we could sign two peak fullbacks and just fuck Maffeo off.

Yeah I'm sure Alves is going to be totally fucking exposed playing such teams like Stoke and West Brom... You are seriously overplaying the importance of the league. He knows Guardiola's system inside and out is the most important thing.
Fair enough. I disagree but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

What the fuck has that got to do with it you argumentative ****!
First of all calm down.

Secondly, your point about Inter retiring Zanetti's shirt implies that being a club legend automatically makes him more talented than Maicon. I'm just pointing out that your point doesn't stand up, as evidenced by the Ronaldo/Giggs example.

could bee some kind of statement to other teams saying look.....we arnt gonna pay silly money for your fullbacks (spurs) coz we already have brought one in....so like it or lump it

Perhaps the most hyperbolic statement I've ever read on Bluemoon, and that takes some doing!

I rated Maicon by the way. I think people go way over the top with criticising his performances at City. I remember him having a couple of excellent games, away at Madrid and off the bench at home against Spurs for example. People just wrote him off for that game for Inter where Bale rinsed him. Same as a lot of England fans did with Barry against Germany at the World Cup.

The reason I was asking if you were joking was because I can only assume you know nothing about Zanetti at Inter. Do a little research.

Hyperbole? Possibly Alves 08/09 or 10/11 are close, what others compete in terms of complete seasons, both attacking wise and keeping clean sheets?

I saw plenty of Zanetti at Inter. Peak vs peak I'm 100% taking Maicon as he's the more talented player. Zanetti had the better career undoubtably.

could bee some kind of statement to other teams saying look.....we arnt gonna pay silly money for your fullbacks (spurs) coz we already have brought one in....so like it or lump it

I think of it a more a statement like, "Hey, you know that guy who dominated the CL semi finals, and was arguably the one of the 2 best RB in Europe this season? Yeah he's going to be our backup RB"

I know in reality it's not going to be as clear-cut as 1st choice/backup between Walker and Alves, but I think that's the takeaway message for the rest of the league. We're not fucking about.

I think of it a more a statement like, "Hey, you know that guy who dominated the CL semi finals, and was arguably the one of the 2 best RB in Europe this season? Yeah he's going to be our backup RB"

I know in reality it's not going to be as clear-cut as 1st choice/backup between Walker and Alves, but I think that's the takeaway message for the rest of the league. We're not fucking about.

I agree, in a way its not planning for the future but it sure is planning for the present.
Now thats not a bad thing is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.