Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely with anything where there's a high chance (RISK) of losing it's a risk? Doesn't matter what monetary values you put on it. If I drop 10p off a cruise ship there's a high risk of me subsequently losing the 10p.

You know what I meant anyway.
Nope. There's no risk in placing a 10p on a 1000/1 shot if you are comfortable.

The definition of risk in the parlance of finance always takes into account the potential for return and the proportion of the individuals assets 'at risk' of loss.

Put your mortgage on 1000/1 and it's a risk. Put £1 and it's no risk.

OK.

Us signing Alves as first choice and the chance that he could possibly fail to adapt due to his age make his signing (as a first choice) high risk, because the consequence of him not adapting then us having no other decent RB would be colossal for our season.

Therefore, risk.
But you're the only one saying he is being signed solely as the "first choice" RB.

I may as well add my own caveat, DA will be an awful signing if he drowns himself in the bath before ever playing for us.

But you're the only one saying he is being signed solely as the "first choice" RB.

I may as well add my own caveat, DA will be an awful signing if he drowns himself in the bath before ever playing for us.
Where? Words in my mouth again. I said that I doubt he's been signed as first choice but IF he has then it's a risk.

'IF' being the operative word.

I've maintained the whole time that he'd be a good squad option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.