Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you pulling these figures from? Your arse presumably. In what universe does a Prem League side take a rivals best, English RB for £20-£25 million?

its all about value and contracts and if he wants out of spurs then the price should be that the days of over paying have to stop and city need to be looking at somebody else if they are willing to pay £45million for walker he is defo not worth that and like many on here missed a lot of games last season and the age is a question mark and just in the range for a re-sell value

going forward is game is good but i seen alot of spurs games and he can go to sleep and only his pace get him out of the whole just look at the spurs game when sterling go in and walker pushed sterling at the last min defo pen and red card so he is not a world beater is he

Any player who is a regular starter for a top 4 club and is moving to another top 4 club is going to be north of £30m. How much more is up for debate.

40-45mill is absolute standard nowadays for a player of his calibre if you think otherwise your are deluded

its all about value and contracts and if he wants out of spurs then the price should be that the days of over paying have to stop and city need to be looking at somebody else if they are willing to pay £45million for walker he is defo not worth that and like many on here missed a lot of games last season and the age is a question mark and just in the range for a re-sell value

going forward is game is good but i seen alot of spurs games and he can go to sleep and only his pace get him out of the whole just look at the spurs game when sterling go in and walker pushed sterling at the last min defo pen and red card so he is not a world beater is he
The question remains who is the alternative you are wishing for? Homegrown, best fullback in the league.

You think everything is bad business.

The "FB transfer record" is about to become £39m when we sign Mendy, so it'll actually only be £6m more.

"Good but not exceptional" is your opinion, and @Dax777's opinion is unlikely to factor into City or Spurs' valuation of the player. If our scouts + coaches thinks he is exceptional then your point 2 becomes moot immediately. He is, by consensus, the best RB in the country, he is one of Spurs' best players, he is one of very few English players who are good enough to start for us. So he is actually exceptional.

Your saying 20-30m just to be contrarian. No one who follows football as much as you do actually thinks that's a realistic, or fair valuation in today's market.
Im not trying to be a contrarian. I'm simply not happy clapping along to every excessive price I see.

Now if you can show me a 35 million pound fullback who has gone to any team I'd understand your claim.

I'm not saying we wouldnt buy the lad, just saying if we did at 45 it wouldn't be a good price.

I liked John Stones too. But it was a shit price we paid. And he is young and full of potential.
Walker is premise. We know what we are getting. No projecting needed.

We are about to break the fullback signing record 2ice in one window, and somehow folks think I'm the crazy one for not thinking that's great business? Ok!

English tax

Annoys me when our own fans hold the price tax against them through out the season

Buy them and let other use it as a stick to beat them with

This really is a good point and could arguably hurt the development of young English players who are inevitably sold to bigger PL clubs at overinflated prices due to the demand for HG players who can get into their teams.

Im not trying to be a contrarian. I'm simply not happy clapping along to every excessive price I see.

Now if you can show me a 35 million pound fullback who has gone to any team I'd understand your claim.

I'm not saying we wouldnt buy the lad, just saying if we did at 45 it wouldn't be a good price.

I liked John Stones too. But it was a shit price we paid. And he is young and full of potential.

We are about to break the fullback signing record 2ice in one window, and somehow folks think I'm the crazy one for not thinking that's great business? Ok!
And until we start to produce our own young players good enough for the first team we will potentially need to overpay. Not all of the first team squad can be foreign, as you well know

£45m ! Haven't you heard it's not your money so why worry, personally I'd rather we didn't pay £10m over the odds, do that 5 times and that's £50m out of

the transfer kitty which could have been spent on someone who could make a difference on the pitch rather than thinking oh well, it's not my money
It might be a novel concept but perhaps the club actually think he can make a difference on the pitch

Given we will have too many foreign players to register which English players would you like us to sign? Whether you like it or not it's a factor
Yes, this is a conundrum. But only one coz I'm not privy to every viable option. I only know the popular few. Managers, scouts and managers should have a larger pool than I or we do.

And of push came to shove we can move Kolarov and buy a foreign RB to take his spot.

Everyone is breaking every record this window..that's the point. Prior figures are meaningless, judge the fees by what happens in the same window.

We buy Bernardo Silva for £43m and it's a lot...then United spend £45m on Perisic and it's not.

We buy Ederson for £33mand it's a lot...then a week later Everton get pickford for £30m and it's not.

We buy Mendy for £35-40m and it's a lot....then Chelsea start bidding £65m for Sandro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.