Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I don't even know of any world class young foreign players who fit the mould... is there a foreign alternative available that anyone knows of? It's almost as if clubs stopped producing them.
Lots. Kimmich, Weiser, Semedo, Henrichs, Perreira, Passlack, Bernado to name a few. True I haven't watched all of them deeply. But rated highly they all are.

So, let's see. You want to get rid of a player like Fernandinho who will still play an important role next season. At his age and salary we wouldn't get much for him and would almost end up giving away a 30M quality player, we'd also keep an injury prone player and try to buy a player that maybe isn't even for sale for much less than Walker for all we know.

The alternative is to spend a few million extra on Walker and keep Fernandinho. I know which I'd go for and which makes the most business sense.
Its not a few extra. Its about 25 to 30 million extra. Henrichs is rated as a 25 million Euros. Walker apparently is between 45 to 50 million Pounds. So we are talking a minimum of 25 million pounds being the difference. Its more than double the price.

Its already hurting us. Its why Spurs have the balls to quote 50 mil for a fullback. If I were the one on the other side of the table (I know it doesn't happen that way, but lets imagine it did :p) I'd have slapped Levy with a wad of 50 Liras for having th audacity to even think 50 million, talkless utter the words into existence. Lol

It's not just 'us' hurting us, it's the kind of money the rags have paid in recent years, which we wouldn't. When they pay what they did for Martial & Pogba, etc all positions go up in cost, not just the 'stars'. They paid 30 million quid, for Luke Shaw. How much would that be, if they were signing him this season ? At least 50.

And imo it's not an accident, it's an attempt to stop 'lesser' clubs from signing players, just like FFP.

Without pushing up wages & transfer fees, the rags would never have had the succcess they did.

We will have to wear it to some extent.

Theh tried FFP to stop us, they can't stop us, but they can stop others & make things more difficult for us.

Keep Delph as the 6th CM instead. Sure he'll be injured a lo

Delph has virtually never been fit when we have needed him and really is the antithesis of what we need. It's one thing keeping Kompany who, when he plays is a genuinely outstanding player and leader and another keeping Delph who although I think is a reasonable player is exactly what you don't need as a back up someone who is not reliable to fill in when you need them.

Its not a few extra. Its about 25 to 30 million extra. Henrichs is rated as a 25 million Euros. Walker apparently is between 45 to 50 million Pounds. So we are talking a minimum of 25 million pounds being the difference. Its more than double the price.

Henrichs is for sale at that price is he? Despite having signed a new contract a few weeks ago? It's nothing to do with how much you or I value them at, it's how much the club would want and we have no idea how much they would want for him under the circumstances.

And you have pretty much given away Fernandinho who is worth probably in the region of 20-30M to us.

But henrichs wanted to stay where he was Dax? I just think it's the fact that pep wants walker and the club are giving him what he wants

Troy deeney is valued at 30 million.

Bolaise went to Everton for 30 million

Luke shaw cost 32 million

Walker is miles and miles a better player than those sort of players.

The value is about right in today's market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.