The Lions in New Zealand thread for the 2017 tour.

A few surprises in there for the first test. Thought Sexton and Halfpenny would start.

DC3ZIWYU0AAfj08

A few surprises in there for the first test. Thought Sexton and Halfpenny would start.

DC3ZIWYU0AAfj08

Agree with that. Daly to take the long kicks. I guess they're assuming that by the time the ball gets to a wing, there won't be any space to run into!

I like the side, we're going to have a right go at them and not just look to contain them.
AWJ isn't a suprise, Itoje is a better option off the bench.
It's great to see a bench where any player that comes on is going to make an impact, with no drop in the standard of player.
1st test is vital, if we lose it we'll lose the series 3-0

Tbf gats can't be acused of welsh bias just under half the side is English he's gone on form apart from itoje who I think will play bigger part in the other tests.no Warburton no north who's been shit so think side is spot on roll on sat morning britton ferry football club open 8am free bacon sarny with your pint

I like the side, we're going to have a right go at them and not just look to contain them.
AWJ isn't a suprise, Itoje is a better option off the bench.
It's great to see a bench where any player that comes on is going to make an impact, with no drop in the standard of player.
1st test is vital, if we lose it we'll lose the series 3-0

I agree about the bench impact. I thought AWJ was almost certain to start - go large upfront, and can change it if need be.

Tr'o I've not seen much of to know what he offers, beyond a RL approach.

Daly - again, I've not see much of him. How fast is he?

Reported in the paper today that Warburton told Gatland he wasn't ready for a full match, which is commendable.

I agree about the bench impact. I thought AWJ was almost certain to start - go large upfront, and can change it if need be.

Tr'o I've not seen much of to know what he offers, beyond a RL approach.

Daly - again, I've not see much of him. How fast is he?

Reported in the paper today that Warburton told Gatland he wasn't ready for a full match, which is commendable.

Daly is a fine player and reads the game very well, a George North in form will be sorely missed but he doesn't deserve a test spot on current form

Daly is a fine player and reads the game very well, a George North in form will be sorely missed but he doesn't deserve a test spot on current form

I wasn't arguing that - I agree that North will be missed, but hasn't done much in the little he's played.
I was just wondering how much of a flier Daly is - he didn't look that fast vs Chiefs, but appearances can be deceiving. I think he also lessens the case for Halfpenny, as Farrell's range seems to be about 40 yds (10 m line and straight), although this may vary with the slightly different ball used.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.