Put petrol in a diesel engine.....help!

Petrol in a diesel isn't good. Diesel in a petrol is disastrous.
My father-in-law put diesel in his Lada. Realised before he drove off, and got the AA to take it to his usual Lada dealer - and their guy drove it into the workshop! They paid for the repairs.
There would be more than enough petrol in the fuel lines to get it from the forecourt to the workshop without sucking diesel into anywhere critical.
A couple of comments on line suggest many owners drove several miles before then engine stopped.

Petrol in a diesel isn't good. Diesel in a petrol is disastrous.

My father-in-law put diesel in his Lada. Realised before he drove off, and got the AA to take it to his usual Lada dealer - and their guy drove it into the workshop! They paid for the repairs.
Can't believe you admitted he drove a lada, you could of told a few porkies and said it was a BMW and come out with a bit of street credit:-)

As has been said, it's not that bad so long as you keep topping up with diesel. When the car is left standing the petrol will stratify on top of the diesel so it will be in there for a while but as it mixes when you start the engine over time the ratio of petrol/diesel will reduce. If you're worried just drain it yourself I would bother paying someone. Make sure you have some diesel to put in afterwards ;-)

Mate of mine on our Air Engineers course in the RAF put diesel in his petrol Morris Minor. He was known as Diesel Jim for the rest of his Air Force career.

Haha...Petrol Morris Minor.....like you had an option in those days.

Can't believe you admitted he drove a lada, you could of told a few porkies and said it was a BMW and come out with a bit of street credit:-)
He got a Lada Samara and got pulled by the police who wanted to find out what it was.

Found a company online called Wrong fuel recovery . Charged 120 plus 10 for diesel. Drained it and out a couple of gallon in.
Peace of mind now......

But 190 out of pocket due to a lapse of concentration.

If you keep adding the occasional gallon of diesel your car will eventually convert to a diesel car.

That's a fact you know, as anything stated on an Internet forum is the truth

I don't know, after watching a few Russian crash videos I've concluded that these have a top speed of over 170mph.

lada__1200_1973_1_lgw.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.