Wireless speaker advice

Thaksins Love Child

Currently I have iTunes on my laptop with all my music on. I then have to connect my phone/iPod to sync then plug into a wired Bose Soundstation.

I need to get with the 21st centrury so step 1 will be Spotify so I can stream what I want, when I want. The next step is a good quality speaker to play it on. On a previous thread on here the Audio Pro Allroom Air One was highly recommend but that's now discontinued with no obvious successor.

Another option is Sonos but I only really need music in one room with some portability.

Any recommendations?

Currently I have iTunes on my laptop with all my music on. I then have to connect my phone/iPod to sync then plug into a wired Bose Soundstation.

I need to get with the 21st centrury so step 1 will be Spotify so I can stream what I want, when I want. The next step is a good quality speaker to play it on. On a previous thread on here the Audio Pro Allroom Air One was highly recommend but that's now discontinued with no obvious successor.

Another option is Sonos but I only really need music in one room with some portability.

Any recommendations?

If you want portability try Bang and Olufsen A2 smallish compact double sided speaker (which gives great sound) or Bose mini sound link if the budget won't stretch that far

Give Amazon Echo a listen or the new Google equivalent.
They sound surprisingly good.

If not good enough for you look at Richersounds.

They have a whole range up to my own bit of kit, the Naim Muso which is outstanding but pricey.

i had the Sonos Play 1, and it also had the app on the phone that allowed me to play Spotify etc, but what annoyed me was that when i wanted to play from my big arse music library on the laptop i couldn't connect.

Is there a genuinely easy to use wi-fi/bluetooth speaker that can be connected to from anything? Mate has a Minirig but seems to be just bluetooth for portable

Sonos play1. Great sound, easy to set up. I usually leave mine where they are but if I want to take one outside I can do that as well.
It plays all the music on my phone and on my laptop without fucking around with itunes (which is a load of shit).

Sonos play1. Great sound, easy to set up. I usually leave mine where they are but if I want to take one outside I can do that as well.
It plays all the music on my phone and on my laptop without fucking around with itunes (which is a load of shit).
This sonos is by far the best out there at the moment,I have a play 3 in the living room which is more than enough for what I want..

Any recommendations?
All depends on the price you want to pay, how loud you need it, if you want portability or not etc.

I'm not sure Spotify or streaming audio will give you the best sound(unless they are using lossless these days but I doubt that), if you are going to splash out on a nice speaker do it justice with some lossless audio(flac) from time to time atleast.

This guy is arguably the best youtube expert on them IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/user/clavinetjunkie

He uses binaural sound so if you listen with some headphones you get a good idea how they really sound and then you can be your own judge as it will come down to personal taste.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.