Wireless speaker advice

i had the Sonos Play 1, and it also had the app on the phone that allowed me to play Spotify etc, but what annoyed me was that when i wanted to play from my big arse music library on the laptop i couldn't connect.

Is there a genuinely easy to use wi-fi/bluetooth speaker that can be connected to from anything? Mate has a Minirig but seems to be just bluetooth for portable
It has a line in port if that's what you mean but when people say wireless it rarely means wifi when it comes to speakers the majority are wireless bluetooth.

2qvqvdd.jpg

All depends on the price you want to pay, how loud you need it, if you want portability or not etc.

I'm not sure Spotify or streaming audio will give you the best sound(unless they are using lossless these days but I doubt that), if you are going to splash out on a nice speaker do it justice with some lossless audio(flac) from time to time atleast.

This guy is arguably the best youtube expert on them IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/user/clavinetjunkie

He uses binaural sound so if you listen with some headphones you get a good idea how they really sound and then you can be your own judge as it will come down to personal taste.
Plenty of options for me to look at and interesting about the sound quality from Spotify.

Budget around 250. Portability not essential. I don't think Sonos is right for me I prefer the flexibility of Bluetooth.

I've seen Audio Pro do a T3 portable option and a T5 beefier non portable option so will add those to the list. Both under 200 with good reviews.

Plenty of options for me to look at and interesting about the sound quality from Spotify.

Budget around 250. Portability not essential. I don't think Sonos is right for me I prefer the flexibility of Bluetooth.

I've seen Audio Pro do a T3 portable option and a T5 beefier non portable option so will add those to the list. Both under 200 with good reviews.
You would be better off getting a pair of active speakers like audioengine a5s. Buy a cheapish aptx bluetooth adapter and stream from your phone. Normal sbc bluetooth sounds pretty bad.
If you're using bluetooth, Spotify bit rates won't really matter.

Look at his Harman-Kardon Go+ Play2 review, seems to be around the £250 price mark now(you could probably get it even cheaper), sounds pretty good to me especially if you like bass.

No point trying lossless through Bluetooth.
The quality of Bluetooth is bobbins.

The quality of Spotify Premium is CD quality.
Quboz and Tidal are better, pricier, but not as much choice of music.
Maybe bluetooth1.0 had compression problems but that's simply not true anymore, modern bluetooth variants sound excellent with lossless audio(overkill but you'd hear the difference from streaming audio surely) even 2.0+EDR sounds better. The transmission rates alone should tell you alot about what is capable(note that it's up to Bluetooth 5 now) the codecs supported will make a big difference too SBC(A2DP) can go up to 512kb(already better than Spotify) and then there's Aptx and Aptx Lossless(high-definition audio up to 96 kHz sampling rates and sample resolutions up to 24 bits):

Bluetooth.gif

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.