Wireless speaker advice

No that's JML mate haha :), JBL are very good too they do car audio and portable bluetooth speakers (the JBL charge2 was better than the bose soundlink mini for example especially for the price, they have a great rep).
Hahaha sorry mate your right too much drink added to my memory going to pot..

Maybe bluetooth1.0 had compression problems but that's simply not true any more, modern bluetooth variants sound excellent with lossless audio(overkill but you'd hear the difference from streaming audio surely) even 2.0+EDR sounds better. The transmission rates alone should tell you alot about what is capable(note that it's up to Bluetooth 5 now) the codecs supported will make a big difference too SBC(A2DP) can go up to 512kb(already better than Spotify) and then there's Aptx and Aptx Lossless(high-definition audio up to 96 kHz sampling rates and sample resolutions up to 24 bits):

Bluetooth.gif
Got to agree. Slightly off topic but I have AKG Bluetooth cans and they are superb Hifi with no dropouts unless I get over 40 foot away on another floor of the house.

What would you consider them now? They aren't mainstream, a lot of their products are premium priced and well received... as I said very well respected by experts in the field. It does depend on you definition of enthusiasts though as some spend thousands. Some consider Bose audio enthusiast level and they are levels above them.
I'm sure they make some good equipment but they seem to be more avr/headphone orientated these days.
The OP wanted 2 channel non-headfi audio streaming.
I agree Bose are not worth considering apart from their NC Headphones on planes.

I'm sure they make some good equipment but they seem to be more avr/headphone orientated these days.
The OP wanted 2 channel non-headfi audio streaming.
I agree Bose are not worth considering apart from their NC Headphones on planes.
He actually asked for a wireless speaker with some portability(room to room I'm guessing) and the H-K Go + Play2 is 2 channel and one of the best sounding wireless speakers out there for it's price(£237 on Amazon at the moment). Like I said though what sounds good can sometimes come down to personal preference some like flat accurate sound reproduction others want a bit more emphasis on bass and so on, this seems to offer enough of both to me.

That's enough from me though it's depressing looking at new gadgets and tech when you're skint, I wouldn't mind a mini-rig 2.1 set personally since you can just take one of the speakers with you on your travels and the sound is high quality too(up there with the best of them), I like the flexibility of it.

Last edited:
He actually asked for a wireless speaker with some portability(room to room I'm guessing) and the H-K Go + Play2 is 2 channel and one of the best sounding wireless speakers out there for it's price(£237 on Amazon at the moment). Like I said though what sounds good can sometimes come down to personal preference some like flat accurate sound reproduction others want a bit more emphasis on bass and so on this seems to offer enough of both to me.
Music is for the most part 2 channel. Bluetooth is wireless and the most convenient. Portable speakers do not sound good at all.
A pair of active audioengines will blow any portable single speaker system away for roughly the same price.

Music is for the most part 2 channel. Bluetooth is wireless and the most convenient. Portable speakers do not sound good at all.
A pair of active audioengines will blow any portable single speaker system away for roughly the same price.
Did you mean sound separation? Yeah it's a bit hard to do in one unit but it's apparently got a surprisingly good sound stage(you can hear it in the video I linked to with some good headphones on) and there's also Wireless Dual Sound to connect two compatible speakers together but then the price would go up.

Those speakers you mention are a different kettle of fish, I think portables have come a long way though in recent years in terms of compact size-big sound and battery life etc.

Last edited:
He actually asked for a wireless speaker with some portability(room to room I'm guessing) and the H-K Go + Play2 is 2 channel and one of the best sounding wireless speakers out there for it's price(£237 on Amazon at the moment). Like I said though what sounds good can sometimes come down to personal preference some like flat accurate sound reproduction others want a bit more emphasis on bass and so on, this seems to offer enough of both to me.

That's enough from me though it's depressing looking at new gadgets and tech when you're skint, I wouldn't mind a mini-rig 2.1 set personally since you can just take one of the speakers with you on your travels and the sound is high quality too(up there with the best of them), I like the flexibility of it.
Like the review guy you linked me to. He has the Vifa Helsinki as the best portable speaker. They are around £300. Not sure on the design but sound wins for me.

Like the review guy you linked me to. He has the Vifa Helsinki as the best portable speaker. They are around £300. Not sure on the design but sound wins for me.
Yep I'd agree, but I was thinking about your budget and the fact that you said somewhat portable(ie not one to take on the road or throw in a backpack) it is a lot smaller for portability so probably not quite as loud(which might not be an issue), for around the house sized ones he's put the Go and Play up against against it's larger(and even more expensive at £400) cousin the Vifa Oslo in a sound comparison and it fairs quite well considering the price difference, the Vifa is better overall but the H-K does quite well itself having a slight edge in sound stage(spread of the sound thanks to the tweeter setup) and punchier bass for dance tracks and what not. As I said it's £237 on amazon at the min so a significant price difference.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of the three above though they are each up there among his most recommended as you probably saw in his roundup video and I tend to agree from what I've heard in his sound tests. If your budget stretches to a Vifa I think you've already made your mind up haha.

Last edited:
Yeah portability isn't a massive requirement if u saying I can get better quality with a wired speaker. It's going to spend 95% of its life in the house and use in hot garden but I've got power available for that.

I prob need to watch some more of his videos :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.