Star Trek

Watched "For the Love of Spock" a few days ago. A must for any Trek fan.

MV5BMjM2Mjg4Mjk5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTE1OTE5OTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,682,1000_AL_.jpg

Always loved Star Trek from being a nipper,think the new films are great and chris pine is brilliant as James T

Those aren't the best episodes of Trek and they're all TNG but they're the most important - for the large effects they've had on ethics, philosophy, AI and linguistics research and other topics alone but also how they stand as moral guidance to a humanist outlook.

The Inner light is the only time that I've ever seen my hubby shed a tear watching telly.. I must have seen that episode a dozen times and it always has me in floods of tears.. The most beautifully written script for tv I've ever watched

I do love Star Trek, Ds9 is my fav and I'm just making my way through it again.

But that being said, Babylon 5 is by far the best space series.

I'll never forget a trip to the cinema, in California, on my honeymoon in late 2008. The same week Obama was elected. The trailers were on, the theatre was already full, and this trailer came on:

When the 'reveal' happened at 40 seconds the whole cinema seemed to gasp as one. To me, it underlined the impact this series has had on popular culture.

There is so much to admire about Star Trek.

I have watched every series of every incarnation of Star Trek and am waiting for the new Star Trek Discovery to come out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.