Players who might improve us

Since theres no real football on now i've been watching some asian leagues, especially the Korean K-League and it's unbelievable the ammount of talent they have there that a team in Europe could sign for close to nothing. Been particularly impressed by the team Jeonbuk and some of their players, especially Kim Bo Kyung. Some of you might remember him from Cardiff (I think he played two or three seasons for them, also in the Prem). Can't see a footballing reason why he'd go back to Korea, because he's fantastic. Not exactly saying he'd be a good fit for City, since we do have better players in his position, but still worth a look for other Prem teams. Guessing signing any of these guys would be a nightmare workpermit wise, but if you manage it you end up with a high quality player that is used to playing all sorts of opposition (Asian Champs league) for a bargain. Doubt one of these clubs would ask for more than a million pounds for any of their stars.

Just thought about this thread after watching a match rerun and thought i'd post.

Fck me what a player, great tight situation skills, don't remember him playing over here..

If he was south American and 16yr old he would be worth 110 million euro !

I actually quite like Cedric the RB from Sot'on. Got an engine, incredible work rate & very solid at both ends of the pitch. Been impressed watching him for Portugal too in the confederations cup.

Looks like we're going to be sorted in that position, but wouldn't be surprised if another team snapped him up next summer.

Since theres no real football on now i've been watching some asian leagues, especially the Korean K-League and it's unbelievable the ammount of talent they have there that a team in Europe could sign for close to nothing. Been particularly impressed by the team Jeonbuk and some of their players, especially Kim Bo Kyung. Some of you might remember him from Cardiff (I think he played two or three seasons for them, also in the Prem). Can't see a footballing reason why he'd go back to Korea, because he's fantastic. Not exactly saying he'd be a good fit for City, since we do have better players in his position, but still worth a look for other Prem teams. Guessing signing any of these guys would be a nightmare workpermit wise, but if you manage it you end up with a high quality player that is used to playing all sorts of opposition (Asian Champs league) for a bargain. Doubt one of these clubs would ask for more than a million pounds for any of their stars.

Just thought about this thread after watching a match rerun and thought i'd post.

He certainly looks like he could do a job for some club. He has 35 caps for South Korea, including the 2010 World Cup and 2012 Olympics so maybe he could gain the work permit. He's had them before with Cardiff and Wigan. Maybe he'd qualify again.

If I was a lower table team I'd give give him a chance for what, 2-4 mllion? He scored against the rags with Cardiff to deny them a win for his first Premier League goal. That makes him ok in my book. :)

I know he's linked with the Rags but I think Matic would be good for us. Whenever I've seen him I've been surprised by his ability on the ball.

Who asked for Yaya's heir? 18 yo Mamadou Coulibaly, both powerful and energetic B2B. Reportedly Inter are on the verge of signing him.

I don't understand why we never seem to be strongly linked with Pepe.

I know he's a twat & plenty of people on here don't like him but he's far better now, than Demichelis was when we signed him, & just seems to me, a natural safeguard for the defence, whilst Stones gets his shit together & maybe Tosin or another young cb.

If we are going for Van Dijk or have unearthed a gem from somewhere, or Pep has decided Tosin will be ready then fair enough,no place for him, but failling that imo we would be far stronger as a club with Pepe in the squad.

I don't understand why we never seem to be strongly linked with Pepe.

I know he's a twat & plenty of people on here don't like him but he's far better now, than Demichelis was when we signed him, & just seems to me, a natural safeguard for the defence, whilst Stones gets his shit together & maybe Tosin or another young cb.

If we are going for Van Dijk or have unearthed a gem from somewhere, or Pep has decided Tosin will be ready then fair enough,no place for him, but failling that imo we would be far stronger as a club with Pepe in the squad.

Completely agree re Pepe, he'd be a good signing

We were linked with him before signing Demichellis, if I remember right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.