United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was his name who's dad had a bet on him playing for the rags and England before he turned 21? "sausage boy" last thing I heard...

Ryan Tunnicliffe. He made 2 appearances (probably as sub) in the League Cup and his old man netted £10,000 IIRC. On the other hand he was soon fucked off to Fulham but lasted only 25 days there before being fucked off on loan to Wigan. He was so shit that 6 weeks later Wigan manager Uwe Rosler wanted to terminate the loan deal and send him back to Fulham but Fulham refused to take him back. He went on loan to Blackburn for a bit but after returning to Fulham he went two years without a first team appearance for anybody before ending up back on loan at Wigan at the beginning of 2017. He was yet another rag academy starlet bigged up by the rags only for his career to crash and burn.

null.4.jpg
It should have been ten.

You have no idea how influential that was to me becoming a City fan proper. I already was but the family had been out and piled in the house, turned teletext on and they all started going 'NOOOOOOOOOO' and whining, mum, dad, both sisters but especially dad. I fucking loved seeing them squirm.

I think we had been to Bramhall Park to see a medieval jousting show...it was fucking awesome btw and that topped it off.

You have no idea how influential that was to me becoming a City fan proper. I already was but the family had been out and piled in the house, turned teletext on and they all started going 'NOOOOOOOOOO' and whining, mum, dad, both sisters but especially dad. I fucking loved seeing them squirm.

I think we had been to Bramhall Park to see a medieval jousting show...it was fucking awesome btw and that topped it off.
I'd been to maine road to see a one horse race ;-)

Don't forget England's greatest ever player.
The shite pele

Hopefully continues to milk them and sees out his contract.

Wasn't James Wilson going to be England's number nine for years to come? With plenty of assists from Nick Powell

They had some of Powell's long range goals on repeat when he was coming up. "Nick Powell is going to be a really good player" alex said. Now 23 and playing for Wigan.

Hasn't that certain Swedish egomaniac been released/told them to fuck off*?

*delete as appropriate.

Apparently, they will offer him a new short term contract.

that's a great story.
i'm glad it brought back the memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.