It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
People on here said Harry Kane would be a one season wonder ... 3 years ago.
A fair point, but if Mbappe moved to Tottenham I'd have far more confidence in his chances of becoming world-class than if he moved to United. They don't have the best record recently with young talent. Depay, Martial, even Rashford looks to be fizzling out.

I think what he means is that Lewandoski, Suarez, Kane, Griezmann, Higuain, Aubameyang and Lukaku (I know) are considered by lots of people to be better than Aguero at this moment in time.
That's the problem with popular opinion and it happens to City all the time, the media ssn ragtop papers etc all bang a drum for long enough and all of a sudden it's excepted as common knowledge.
There's been a lack of respect for Sergio's abilities in this country for years, just look at how many times he's been in team of the year.
The lads a class professional, role model and goal scorer

I think what he means is that Lewandoski, Suarez, Kane, Griezmann, Higuain, Aubameyang and Lukaku (I know) are considered by lots of people to be better than Aguero at this moment in time. Not saying I agree with that.
There's one on that list I'd take ahead if the player that finished the season for us.

That definitely implies a new signing. I'm inclined to trust him, so I assume someone is on the way. Maybe medical today?

With the greatest respect to Tolmie and all the other ITK's, the majority of them didn't know about Bernardo Silva until @twosips broke the news, so it's entirely possible that there's another signing coming in today under the radar.

The majority of them spent last summer banging on about Pogba, kfa's.

There's one on that list I'd take ahead if the player that finished the season for us.
I absolutely agree, assuming that Aguero has permanently taken the step into becoming that player. But in English media, the general consensus seems to be that Aguero isn't that 'cool'.

That's the problem with popular opinion and it happens to City all the time, the media ssn ragtop papers etc all bang a drum for long enough and all of a sudden it's excepted as common knowledge.
There's been a lack of respect for Sergio's abilities in this country for years, just look at how many times he's been in team of the year.
The lads a class professional, role model and goal scorer
But not for Argentina sadly

I absolutely agree, assuming that Aguero has permanently taken the step into becoming that player. But in English media, the general consensus seems to be that Aguero isn't that 'cool'.
Yeah. It's partly because the media are used to the fact he scores 25+ every season. Similar to Silva being overlooked as he's consistently excellent.

No idea why the media don't make more of the fact Aguero is the most lethal forward in premier league history. His goals to minutes record is second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.