Kippax

Not the Kippax but 1930's ULTRAS? ; ))

95suh2.jpg
It's a fake

There's at least 10 blokes not wearing a hat

The first truly 'electric' atmosphere I remember was agin Everton in April 1968.
Rags were top,City second.
We won 2-0
Rags lost 5-3
Kippax really drove us on that night & to the title !!
I was also at that game it was on a Monday night and the rags did get beat at West Bromwich that evening,by the way both Everton and west brom played semi-finals just two days before,Everton beat Leeds and West Brom beat Birmingham.

Probably the fa cup quarter final v Stoke 3rd of March 1934,84,569 my dad and grandad we're both on the kippax that day.
a damned good guess, sir.

according to the page i nicked it from (daily fail) the game was in march '34, but they say it was sheffield wednesday.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2958860/From-luxury-flats-branch-Ikea-former-football-stadiums-transformed-hallowed-grounds-day-buildings-long-fans-left.html

perhaps you are correct though, because the sheffield wednesday game was played on february 21st,
a replay of the 5th round game played 4 days earlier at their place which had ended 2-2.

I was also at that game it was on a Monday night and the rags did get beat at West Bromwich that evening,by the way both Everton and west brom played semi-finals just two days before,Everton beat Leeds and West Brom beat Birmingham.

I remember it as a night match...Wednesday ?

Tremendous,emotional atmosphere as we all started to realise that we could beat those vile evil bastards to the title.

Getting on the Kippax steps early before 69? derby and battering rag fans who dared come through the turnstiles.

Loads of them out side bricking it & then getting charged by the Sivori Gorton lads.

They knew what we were about that day......shithouses.

Getting on the Kippax steps early before 69? derby and battering rag fans who dared come through the turnstiles.

Loads of them out side bricking it & then getting charged by the Sivori Gorton lads.

They knew what we were about that day......shithouses.

That may have been the derby that became known as the battle of The Kippax.
Bricks, bottles all sorts of stuff lobbed that day. Lots of bloody heads I seem to remember.

That may have been the derby that became known as the battle of The Kippax.
Bricks, bottles all sorts of stuff lobbed that day. Lots of bloody heads I seem to remember.

I think that was the previous season mate (August 68)
"50 people injured and some taken to hospital" according to David Coleman.

First home derby 1970 only 15 year old .battles before during and after the game the next few years was the same .the reptiles from the swamp tried to take liberties but "You'll Never Take the Kippax" god how i miss them days .not like the happy clappy shite we have now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.