Wireless speaker advice

Vinyl.
I love the ritual, the size, the covers I can read!
I still prefer its warmth which I accept is distortion but just makes it sound so good.
The sound of 50s Verve or Impulse Jazz LPs on vinyl is unsurpassed.

CD is convenient, you don't have to obsess about looking after it, but it is cold. But I will admit Supertramp's "Some Things never change" CD is amazing, as is the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" DVD through my kit.

Third by a long way is digital whether my ripped collection or Spotify/Quobuz/Tidal etc.., but I subscribe to Spotify premium to access new music, make playlists for parties, the car etc..

Last edited:
Vinyl.
I love the ritual, the size, the covers I can read!
I still prefer its warmth which I accept is distortion but just makes it sound so good.
The sound of 50s Verve or Impulse Jazz LPs on vinyl is unsurpassed.

CD is convenient, you don't have to obsess about looking after it, but it is cold. But I will admit Supertramp's "Some Things never change" CD is amazing, as is the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" DVD through my kit.

Third by a long way is digital whether my ripped collection or Spotify/Quobuz/Tidal etc.., but I subscribe to Spotify premium to access new music, make playlists for parties, the car etc..
I thought you might say vinyl. Unfortunately my LP collection went some time ago - replaced by cd's. Have you tried the premium version of tidal? I think it's on a par with CD. I have quite a few studio master files that also sound amazing. There is certainly something about taking an LP out of its sleeve, putting it on a turntable and reading the sleeve notes while you listen. The only thing I don't miss is the scratches, hiss and pops! Also I miss real record stores!

I'm afraid to admit I haven't heard of that equipment. Probably USA manufactured? After having had various Cyrus amps with various speaker and front end combinations for the last 30 odd years I went digital last year and currently use a sonos connect with a Linn DSM and Monotor Audio Gold floorstanders. Sounds wonderful and Sonos is so good. I use Tidal for most of the music I listen to and rarely touch my old cd collection. I'm going deaf in one ear caused by too much very loud music in my youth but can still appreciate good hi fi. All cabling is under floor so it looks pretty good and the MA speakers are gorgeous. There is no greater pleasure than to sit in a comfy chair with a glass of good wine and listen to the music you love as if it was being played live in the room.

The Amps are craft made in USA. I used to have a Cyrus amp to linn deck, nakamichi dragon tape deck and mission speakers back in the 80s in England. Multiple moves, a divorce etc... moving the LPS all over became a challenge. The Peachtree Audio is mint for digital only. Top class DAC.

I thought you might say vinyl. Unfortunately my LP collection went some time ago - replaced by cd's. Have you tried the premium version of tidal? I think it's on a par with CD. I have quite a few studio master files that also sound amazing. There is certainly something about taking an LP out of its sleeve, putting it on a turntable and reading the sleeve notes while you listen. The only thing I don't miss is the scratches, hiss and pops! Also I miss real record stores!

I use the premium version of Tidal. There's no way you can tell the difference with CD. If anything, it's consistently better.

I'm afraid to admit I haven't heard of that equipment. Probably USA manufactured? After having had various Cyrus amps with various speaker and front end combinations for the last 30 odd years I went digital last year and currently use a sonos connect with a Linn DSM and Monotor Audio Gold floorstanders. Sounds wonderful and Sonos is so good. I use Tidal for most of the music I listen to and rarely touch my old cd collection. I'm going deaf in one ear caused by too much very loud music in my youth but can still appreciate good hi fi. All cabling is under floor so it looks pretty good and the MA speakers are gorgeous. There is no greater pleasure than to sit in a comfy chair with a glass of good wine and listen to the music you love as if it was being played live in the room.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/12/08/peachtree-audio-novapre-and-peachtree220-amplifier/

I use the premium version of Tidal. There's no way you can tell the difference with CD. If anything, it's consistently better.
I love it. The only stuff it doesn't have that I miss is some King Crimson and Peter Gabriel solo stuff. Anyway, this thread is for wireless speakers. Think we need to initiate a new HiFi thread!

Very few scratches, hisses or pops here!

I tried Tidal but it was too limited in choice for me and the improvement of Tidal premium over Spotify premium didn't justify the doubling in price for something I only use for background listening. I tried Quobuz too which I'd supposed to be the best but the choice again Is too limited and the interface is infuriating. We have a family subscription to Spotify so four of us get individual premium access for £15 a month between us.

The other thing about vinyl is you are more likely to listen to an album. With CD or streaming I seem to jump,about track after track.

Very few scratches, hisses or pops here!

I tried Tidal but it was too limited in choice for me and the improvement of Tidal premium over Spotify premium didn't justify the doubling in price for something I only use for background listening. I tried Quobuz too which I'd supposed to be the best but the choice again Is too limited and the interface is infuriating. We have a family subscription to Spotify so four of us get individual premium access for £15 a month between us.

The other thing about vinyl is you are more likely to listen to an album. With CD or streaming I seem to jump,about track after track.
There is very little difference between streaming 320kbps aac and FLAC. With a good DAC you can tell the difference but it's small and not worth it. Spotify (extreme setting) is good value although there are plenty of excellent 320kbps free radio streams these days if you are lazy and tight like me.

Yeah agree bout the streaming differences but I don't want a radio stream.
I want to choose what I listen to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.