18/19 home and away kits ?

Fuck Nike. Nike out! They are even crap at running shoes, their supposed specialty. Asics, New Balance, Brooks, and even Mizuno make better. Nke is just marketing but they're finished.

Kids aren't wearing Nike much anymore, at least not where live. I see kids, and adults, wearing more Under Armour gear than Nike by a very wide margin.

Nike is the distant past, not the future. Nike is the 1980's and 90's

Fuck Nike. Nike out! They are even crap at running shoes, their supposed specialty. Asics, New Balance, Brooks, and even Mizuno make better. Nke is just marketing but they're finished.

Kids aren't wearing Nike much anymore, at least not where live. I see kids, and adults, wearing more Under Armour gear than Nike by a very wide margin.

Nike is the distant past, not the future. Nike is the 1980's and 90's
Hmmmm, as a recent Under Armour stock investor, I hope you are right. If so, you should take up stock picking as a side gig to whatever you have going on, because the stock market thinks you are 100% wrong. UA is starting to be sold in discount stores in the U.S. for the first time ever, which isn't a good sign.

Fingers crossed, because I do actually like UA gear!

Hmmmm, as a recent Under Armour stock investor, I hope you are right. If so, you should take up stock picking as a side gig to whatever you have going on, because the stock market thinks you are 100% wrong. UA is starting to be sold in discount stores in the U.S. for the first time ever, which isn't a good sign.

Fingers crossed, because I do actually like UA gear!
Please don't waste your sly snidyness on me. If you want to disagree please say as much. Nike, has been in discount stores for some time. Is being in a discount store a measure of success?
I can only go by what I see on the streets. And yes, I pay attention to almost everyone I see on the street during the day. I have to do so. And, as I said, Nike isn't as prevalent as it used to be in just plain old logo t-shirts, caps and "advert" type clothing.

19399204_852872298196906_6803819458615912808_n.jpg
I like it

The shirt is nowhere near as nice with the darker sleeves, but let's be honest, we've had worse.

True, and I'm glad to see Nike actually giving us an away shirt with relevant, traditional colours (a first for them, I believe?) but it comes to something when the fake shirt looks much better than the real deal.

Please don't waste your sly snidyness on me. If you want to disagree please say as much. Nike, has been in discount stores for some time. Is being in a discount store a measure of success?
I can only go by what I see on the streets. And yes, I pay attention to almost everyone I see on the street during the day. I have to do so. And, as I said, Nike isn't as prevalent as it used to be in just plain old logo t-shirts, caps and "advert" type clothing.
I want to disagree.

I really did own UA stock for a brief period, and you can check the stock charts yourself. The movement of UA attire into discount stores in the US was seen by company analysts as a sign of the company's move from premium, high quality, technical clothing to being seen as part and parcel of a wider slump in athleisure clothing in general. While I realize discount store shell suits may be de rigeur on the streets of Manchester (or wherever your observations are taking place) amongst the hirsute classes, nonetheless, the movement of UA from being seen as a premium clothing brand to much of their attire being seen as more of a commodity has concerned everyone from analysts to Kevin Plank himself. However, those details are clearly not as telling or relevant to the discussion as your eagle eye while out perusing the streets.....And, for the record, that last comment was sly snidyness, but it was earned.

And, lest I forget to mention, I realize that the streets of Manchester (or Timbuktu, or wherever) are central to your economic thesis on the issue, but you might want to broaden your scope a tad, especially considering both brands (UA and NKE) are HQ'd in the USA (Maryland & Oregon, respectively) with the vast majority of sales revenues (99.5%?) being outside the confines of the Greater Manchester (or any other single metropolitan) area.

Now, do with that information what you will, but try not to piss on the messenger and the message when they are both accurate, even if facts are not your thing. UA is down from a high of $120 to $20, or 83%, while NKE is down from a high of $67 to $53, or 21%.

Have a lovely weekend!

Last edited:
I want to disagree.

I really did own UA stock for a brief period, and you can check the stock charts yourself. The movement of UA attire into discount stores in the US was seen by company analysts as a sign of the company's move from premium, high quality, technical clothing to being seen as part and parcel of a wider slump in athleisure clothing in general. While I realize discount store shell suits may be de rigeur on the streets of Manchester (or wherever your observations are taking place) amongst the hirsute classes, nonetheless, the movement of UA from being seen as a premium clothing brand to much of their attire being seen as more of a commodity has concerned everyone from analysts to Kevin Plank himself. However, those details are clearly not as telling or relevant to the discussion as your eagle eye while out perusing the streets.....And, for the record, that last comment was sly snidyness, but it was earned.

And, lest I forget to mention, I realize that the streets of Manchester (or Timbuktu, or wherever) are central to your economic thesis on the issue, but you might want to broaden your scope a tad, especially considering both brands (UA and NKE) are HQ'd in the USA (Maryland & Oregon, respectively) with the vast majority of sales revenues (99.5%?) being outside the confines of the Greater Manchester (or any other single metropolitan) area.

Now, do with that information what you will, but try not to piss on the messenger and the message when they are both accurate, even if facts are not your thing. UA is down from a high of $120 to $20, or 83%, while NKE is down from a high of $67 to $53, or 21%.

Have a lovely weekend!

We've actually had decent conversations before. Do you remember, "Hands are what kill you,"? But it seems you can't have a discussion where you disagree with another person here without being kind of a dick. What happened?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.