is our squad going to be big enough to compete on all fronts?

mcfc49

we have got rid of zab clichy sagna caballero navas and mooy. nolito Fernando and iheanacho look like they are on there way out of the door. most of our on loan players will not be coming back to play. our promising youth players look like they will be going out on loan. up to now we have bought a goalie and bernardo and probably alves. we know pep likes a smaller squad the same as klopp at Liverpool. this is the one thing that is worrying me about next season

We'll be grand, you can add in Jesus, Gundogan and Kompany as players who missed most of last season.

Also at least 4 more signings to add to Silva and Ederson , looking like Alves, Mendy, Walker and Sanchez, plus maybe another left-back and a centre-back.

We're going to be way stronger this season.

we have got rid of zab clichy sagna caballero navas and mooy. nolito Fernando and iheanacho look like they are on there way out of the door. most of our on loan players will not be coming back to play. our promising youth players look like they will be going out on loan. up to now we have bought a goalie and bernardo and probably alves. we know pep likes a smaller squad the same as klopp at Liverpool. this is the one thing that is worrying me about next season

Plus Joe,Nasri,Mangala,Bony,Denayer etc.

We will have to have a full squad of elite,hungry,ambitious players to compete successfully in all comps.

Vincent will be the king pin & Claudio the weak link.

6 more signings will flesh us out.

The midfield concerns me. Fernando and Delph will almost certainly be sold and are not good enough anyway, that leaves us with Fernandinho and Yaya both well into their 30s, and an injury prone Gundogan. For me that's not gonna be good enough for what we're aiming for next season. I realise it's early days yet but we don't seem to be being linked with many midfielders.

If we sign Sanchez/Mbappe and a couple of top fullbacks then that will be great, but we can't ignore the other areas and go into the season with our defence and midfield as it is now, otherwise we will repeat last seasons mistake of relying too much on Kompany and Gundogan staying fit.

sort out our home form, as it was awful last season, 17points lost needlessly would have won us the league
Pure and simple.was down to rotation and a couple of bent refs. You can get away with one but not both. Throw bravo in the mix and you are fucked anyway.
So next year we have a real goalie and a squad that can actually rotate with.better players. Done right we'll be too far ahead for the.ref to influence the result. Happy days.

at the moment we have 14 outfield players who look like they will be here next season. I am discounting delph Fernando iheanacho and nolito who look like they will be leaving. I know it is early and I know we will be signing new players but to even get to the 25 players we are allowed in the premier league we are going to have to sign 8 new outfield players I am sure we will sign a third goalie but we are going to have to sign a lot of players to have in my opinion a big enough squad to compete for 4 trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.