How to get to Islay/Scottish islands

Islay's also a great place for a cycle trip.

But if your driving there then definitely its definitely worth a side trip to Campbeltown to visit the Springbank distillery. It's pretty much the only place left where you can see the whole whisky-making process on the same site. (You can also do this at Kilchoman on Islay, but that is a very small farm-based distillery)

Springbank make some of the very best malts produced anywhere. They also make a peated version (Longrow) and an Irish-style triple distilled malt (Hazelbank).
Cheers - I got some kilchoman machir bay last time I was in Scotland - lovely stuff.

.....on the sunniest day of the year.
I kid you not this was at bowmore the same day !
c0236286e2e69994ba1b77c9465be905.jpg

Taken the plunge and I’m off to Islay on Wednesday - two nights in a storm pod in lagavulin bay which is walking distance to lagavulin (obviously), ardbeg and laphroaig distilleries. Then a couple of nights in Port Charlotte hotel.

Going to be cold but can’t wait!

Taken the plunge and I’m off to Islay on Wednesday - two nights in a storm pod in lagavulin bay which is walking distance to lagavulin (obviously), ardbeg and laphroaig distilleries. Then a couple of nights in Port Charlotte hotel.

Going to be cold but can’t wait!

Nice one - drop a few photo's on here as you go along.

If you have the time, drive and use the ferries. Spend a night in Glasgow too.

The Islands by ferry hopping is a fantastic way to see the full beauty, even in shit weather and as we can evidence, we do have the occasional dull day.

Enjoy whichever mode you use, I just think travelling in a way you can stop off at interesting places tops flying there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.