PSG readying an offer for Aguero? The Times

Aguero will not leave this summer, but here is a hypothetical question, were you ready to trade between Aguero and Verratti? I think he is the perfect CM and DM for us

Verratti is a brilliant player, but even though I usually laugh off people who complain about not having big players, I can't shake the idea that Verratti at 5'5" is just too small to be a pivot in the premier league. Premier league clubs just knock the ball up to their strikers/ attacking midfielders so much here, and having a guy as small as that would mean a CB always has to push out of the line to challenge for the ball, instantly putting us in a bad shape. I think even Pep mentioned needing some bigger players to cope with West From influencing his selection in a press conference this season.

When you think about it, even PSG play him with 2 big men to compensate in Matuidi and Motta, he's never the guy at the base of the midfield.

That doesn't mean he couldn't play here, just not as a sole pivot/DM.

Oh so let's sell him then and watch him go on and knocks us out of the CL at some point.

I don't think so.

From day one the media over here have hated the fact we have the world's best striker in our ranks. Nothing would please them more to get their wish. Regardless of who we replaced him with we would be weaker.
The time will come course it will but it isn't yet. Sanchez isn't as good and Jesus is just a boy. Aguero is an assassin and we need him.
It seems like the only ones who don't rate Aguero are our fans. Joe was a mistake, Kompany was about to be a mistake (but he recovered in time to prove Pep and his own fans wrong), but Aguero would be the biggest mistake in our history. This topic lets me speechless.

I think you've taken this a little bit too literally and you've also not read it properly as I made the point that there is certainly a time for players to move on as was the case with Zabaleta.

Im not saying don't sell Aguero out of loyalty, I'm making the point that not only are the likes of Aguero loyal (which we under appreciate), they're still ****ing good players. Great players even who are good enough to make more history at the club.

People can throw stats at me all day but the most important stat is goals. He scored more goals than any other player in England last season across all comps and he scores more goals when he plays than any other player in the history of the Premier League.

You're right that Ronaldo will get replaced, but only when he is done. He's 32 now and is still Madrid's number one scorer, just like Aguero is ours.

Players like Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, Xavi don't get forced out at the peak of their powers at clubs like Utd, Barca and Real. They get treated with the respect their quality and history deserves.

Real aren't going to be like 'Bye Ronaldo, you're still great but we've bought a new young guy in to replace you immediately and now you'll be sold".

I think you've approached this too headstrong, without really understanding the concept of what I'm saying.

Nobody's forcing anyone anywhere. I really don't understand what your point is or why you keep referring to 'respect'.

It seems like the only ones who don't rate Aguero are our fans. Joe was a mistake, Kompany was about to be a mistake (but he recovered in time to prove Pep and his own fans wrong), but Aguero would be the biggest mistake in our history. This topic lets me speechless.
Joe was a mistake? Have you seen him lately?

Joe wasn't a mistake at all.

Komoany and Aguero are still here, so you're left with no point.

Maybe try being speechless.

Nobody's forcing anyone anywhere. I really don't understand what your point is or why you keep referring to 'respect'.

Luckily that's true with the club and why our chairman is absolutely instant that our future greatest ever goal scorer will not be sold in his prime years.

I just believe monopoly money has made people lose all sense of reality and passion.

A bit like a rich celebrity who can never settle down with a single woman because they know they can go out and get a replacement at the drop of a hat.

Not sure what City fans you knock about with but I've never met one that doesn't rate Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.