Javi Martinez

I might have problems to pick out the transfer targets Bayern has or will buy - but in the last 20 years I never was wrong with who of the players will leave the club and who for sure will not. Martinez will not.
Who will you sell this summer then?

Who will you sell this summer then?

Bayern is trying to get rid of Douglas Costa - Juve is probably taking him but that is still open. And it looks like Sanches would be leaving as he probably will not get enough match time this season either.

Alonso, Lahm and Starke (the third keeper) ended their careers.

As there is no replacement I doubt that Bernat will leave. With him it would be understandable if he would want to move to a team where he is not no. 2 for this position even if he got pretty much match time as Alaba often played central defender. We have a great young one coming as left fullback - he is in every training session with the professional and is doing by far better crosses than the "establishment" but as he just moved from the U19 to the U23 that could be an option for 2018/19.

Are you happy about that?

Yes, as I like him - not just his skills or his playing style. There is players in your team from which you enjoy the skills but do not like them as a person. With Martinez it is different. He is one you have to like. When the internationals at Bayern sign their second contracts (Martinez came in 2012 and has now signed until 2021) they often stayed until the end of their career or atleast until their quality was not enough for Bayern anymore. I see Martinez as one of this category. I do not see any reason for him to leave - he has enough playing time (in big clubs nobody guarantees you a starting spot) and made a new contract last season until 2021. And the club would not let him go either. The market is not that full with proven defenders on that level and mediocre players go for big sums. And the big clubs - you see it with your own club - hold onto their players.

Bet he does

Put money on it. By the way - do it with Alaba, Kimmich or who else of Bayern that was talked about in this transfer threads in the recent seasons, too. Or throw the money in a waste bin. ;)

The story was launched last night, when some guy twitted that his mate sent him selfie from CFA with some mysterious defender that 'no one was expecting to see in Manchester'. This morning another twitter account reported that Martinez is coming. Right now it's discussed all over the internet, not just on BM.

Well, with conclusive evidence like that, we must be signing him.

I'll book the tattoo artist...

So the Spanish lad Pablo Mari was at the CFA on Friday looks a bit like Javi Martinez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.