Any Scirocco owners here?

doubtless got rid of the mullet and the distressed leather jacket at the same time lol..............if you had kept it there would be a pile of rust with one million miles on the clock at the foot of your drive mate...........best thing to do is sell and bite the bullet and pay for a well preserved one 20 years later. Thing is the bastards cost then .........still less than it would cost you to restore one though.....

I almost bought a merc 190 cosworth for 2 grand but my mates said they were old man and boxy, the daft cunts

Stay well clear of the VW DSG gearbox mate.

Google is your friend on this trust me.

watch old Top Gear with May/Clarkson/Hammond - they did one of them a Sierra Cozzy and an M3 - The Merc didn't do that well - then again the M3 they bought was a fucking death trap

1990-Mercedes-Benz-190E-Cosworth-Evolution-2-101.jpg

So close

Had the 170 not the DSG from new.

Sold it earlier this year after having it for 6 years as needed something that I could easily get a child seat into!

loved the car that engine was brilliant genuinely miss it!

No idea about the DSG!

(has to be rising blue though!!)

Never owed one but know 2 people who bought one brand new.
Both sold them after 12 months because of all the problems they had, one of which was a mechanic.
That being said, they both bought them when they were first released, so a lot of the problems could have been fixed (maybe).
Get an original one like the pics in this thread. Though I'm a 80's and 90's car guy so that's just me : )

The one i'm looking at is a 2012 model, with the 170 engine. I've read about issues with the DSG but that these were more related to the models released between 2008-2010 on the Scirocco and since then, they've been all good. Is that different to what other people have heard?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.