Glastonbury 2017..

Not wanting to diss Ed Sheeran as lots of people probably like him, but over the past few days saw lots of bands better suited and just better, to headline the main stage

I don't think you can really put him anywhere else. Like his music or loathe it, he's one of the biggest musicians in the world at the peak of his popularity. 9 songs from his most recent album reached the top 10 at the same time, every single one got into the top 20. The big one was number 1 for about 4 months. Clearly a headline act on the main stage.

I don't think you can really put him anywhere else. Like his music or loathe it, he's one of the biggest musicians in the world at the peak of his popularity. 9 songs from his most recent album reached the top 10 at the same time, every single one got into the top 20. The big one was number 1 for about 4 months. Clearly a headline act on the main stage.

I agree with the sentiment but this is the first time I have listened to any of his tracks all the way through - I can see why I haven't - many love him but he isn't my bag

In his own words he was truly embarrassed about that as he said most of the songs were not good enough to grace the top of the charts

And fair fucks to him as well for being honest about it

More a reflection of the dearth in music at the moment.

I agree with the sentiment but this is the first time I have listened to any of his tracks all the way through - I can see why I haven't - many love him but he isn't my bag

To be honest I've heard all of them dozens of times, despite not being a fan, he's just absolutely everywhere these days, constantly in the charts, on tv shows, adverts, even supermarkets. Have to say there is something very impressive about the fact it's literally just him, an acoustic guitar and a loop pedal. Interesting to see how he constructs the songs with the loop. There's not much artistic merit, and it's completely devoid of any real statement or edge, but it's incredibly popular and the crowd looks big, and they're all into it.

In his own words he was truly embarrassed about that as he said most of the songs were not good enough to grace the top of the charts

And fair fucks to him as well for being honest about it

Yeah, when your b-sides and album fillers become best sellers just because of your name, it's hard to imagine there's anywhere else to go but down from there.

Great recording artist but not a headline act at Glastonbury for me im afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.