Tosin Adarabioyo

I have a feeling that we buy youth with zero intention of progressing them into the first team, but rather finding them good loans in order to sell them on with favorable buy-back clauses.
It's possible. There's definitely an arms race of hording talented young players and this trend for buy-back clauses is part of it, because it allows you to have young players without technically owning them. We've got Unal and Rulli so far who we'll be able to bring in if they become good enough. But 'good enough' may just mean good enough to make a profit rather than good enough to play for us. We've already made £8m on Unal, but if he continues his progress, we could easily be in a position where he's worth far more than the reported £17.5m buy-back clause and it'll be interesting to see whether we'd bring him in even if we didn't want him in our team, just to be able to sell him on for a lot more than that. But you'd hope that the buy back clause was because we hope that the player will develop into someone we can bring into the squad rather than shamelessly profit from.

I think we are bringing in all of these young players in the hope that one will be good enough for the first team, but it doesn't hurt that it's often profit-generating and there may be a temptation to include young players who we know will never be good enough for us but can make us a profit after a good loan spell. The academy players will probably be largely the same, like when we got £9m for Rony Lopes after a successful loan spell at Lille. You do both of these things in the knowledge that the majority will not reach the heights you're hoping for, but also knowing that you'll be able to make a profit on players that don't quite make it. The buy-back clause just gives you another way of hedging your bets.

I mean that only happened with Unal, the buyback clause, right? That's the most recent example I can think of, but it made sense because we were stacked in the striker position. It is possible we exercise the buyback in 2020 when Aguero leaves for example.

I don't think the club is advancing youth players just to sell, we are not a selling club, I think we are just waiting extra carefully to bring in someone who will be worth 50m+ in the future. I think it'll just take time, Roberts isn't from our academy, but I hope he is the first loanee to break in.
Unal's problem is a work permit! He said it himself.

Could you elaborate please, as one of the FOCs I barely understood the post that you were replying to!
Starts filming himself and says "ze n***a in ze house", pans to Tosin, "n***a", Tosin looks over and starts laughing and says something like "the black is back". They seem to find it pretty funny, whilst Paddy Roberts is sitting next to them not knowing how the fuck to react, lol.

You really need to see the video to judge it, but you can only see it via the Instagram app. Someone will probably pull it and put it on Twitter. It's all harmless, I guess.

Needless to say, he's making mates pretty quickly but is off his fucking rocker!

Starts filming himself and says "ze n***a in ze house", pans to Tosin, "n***a", Tosin looks over and starts laughing and says something like "the black is back". They seem to find it pretty funny, whilst Paddy Roberts is sitting next to them not knowing how the fuck to react, lol.

You really need to see the video to judge it, but you can only see it via the Instagram app. Someone will probably pull it and put it on Twitter. It's all harmless, I guess.

Needless to say, he's making mates pretty quickly but is off his fucking rocker!
Thanks, Benji does come across as a bit of a Mario clone with his zany and edgy sense of humour which suits me as I liked Mario.

Thanks, Benji does come across as a bit of a Mario clone with his zany and edgy sense of humour which suits me as I liked Mario.
Yeah me too. I'm hoping he becomes a real asset in the dressing room as well as on the pitch.

I have the feeling he will feature alot this season if 3 atb is used more regularly. With it likely that Mangala and Denayer are leaving, he would be the only back-up CB to the main 3. Even if we buy another CB he can still easily get plenty of minutes.

I think the formation suits him as well as 3 atb puts less defensive duties on the CBs and relies more on passing through the lines and playing out from the back with the GK, suiting alot of our EDS CBs. Maybe in the future Latibaudiere can come in for Kompany or Otamendi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.