Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying, Pep clearly sates, as I have quoted elsewhere, that we need Vinny & lists why. Then says we have to cover our backs.

Note not 'we have cover'.

We have to have backup.

Not not ; 'We have backup'.

So what is your expalnation for the fact centre half is clearly not a priority in the transfer window?

You're claiming he's clearly stating he wants another centre-back, but we're obviously going for Silva, Ederson, Alves, Mendy, Walker and Sanchez before a centreback.

Do you think Begiristain is refusing to buy him one? Or is it that we're working on a centreback but it's so top secret that no one in the media or the ITK's have caught any hint of it?

It is only June but the only central defender we have been reliably linked to is VVD. I would pay whatever it takes to get him. Scrap the Sanchez bid if necessary because if we had him and Kompany, then I think we would be the team to beat. As it is, we'd be an injury to Kompany away from trouble

I agree.

With another top cb, we would be a far stronger team than with an extra attacker.

I'm hoping the idea is to get both.

So what is your expalnation for the fact centre half is clearly not a priority in the transfer window?

You're claiming he's clearly stating he wants another centre-back, but we're obviously going for Silva, Ederson, Alves, Mendy, Walker and Sanchez before a centreback.

Do you think Begiristain is refusing to buy him one?

I think Van Dijk was the centre back.

Well surely, the sensible thing would be, don't get rid of those players, unless we sign Sanchez ?

Problem solved.
I expect the plan is to sign Sanchez and let them go but it isn't problem solved because if we do that we can only sign a centre back if one goes we wouldn't have room for 5 centre backs. Linking Sanchez to sorting out centre back is the issue I have. My guess is we buy Sanchez, then bring in a centre back as long as we can move one out. Pep will not go into the season with 5 centre backs and only 4 forwards.

Right, so you just choose to ignore all the journalists and ITK's who say he's not a priority, and the fact that Chelsea and Liverpool are the only ones who seem to have really taken things past "interest"?

I have been reading journalists linking us with Van Dijk since last year, haven't you ?

You didn't believe them then, but you believe them now ? I don't believe them either way.

You believe Pep when he says we must score more goals, & that is enough proof that he means we must sign players, even though he never said we must sign players but when he says we need backup for Kompany, it doesn't mean we must sign backup, it means something else ?

All things going to plan we're signing 5 defensive players and 1 forward.

Please tell me more about how we're doing a Wenger and not reinforcing the defence when needed.
Well it depends on whether we are signing a centre back this summer or not? I don't suppose any of us know for sure. If we are, then fine, if not then we are not then IMO we are not reinforcing an area of the defence when needed. We have already signed one attacking player and we are clearly trying to sign another in Sanchez and at a stretch potentially even putting in a big bid for Mbappe. Really though my point was about the opinions of supporters. We used to think it was hilarious when Wenger kept buying more attackers and now it seems to me the majority on here think that the addition of Sanchez is much more necessary than the addition of a decent centre back. I look at the squad we have now with the addition of Bernardo Silva and think that is absolutely fucking nuts when you look at the relative quality of our centre backs. Only my opinion though.

I have been reading journalists linking us with Van Dijk since last year, haven't you ?

You didn't believe them then, but you believe them now ? I don't believe them either way.

You believe Pep when he says we must score more goals, & that is enough proof that he means we must sign players, even though he never said we must sign players but when he says we need backup for Kompany, it doesn't mean we must sign backup, it means something else ?

I thought it was obvious he meant we can't rely on Kompany to start, that's all, but even if he did mean we need another centreback, our activity in the transfer market shows it's not a priority. Even if VVD was the one he wanted, it can't be much of a priority if he decides he doesn't fancy one after losing out on him, can it?

It definitely doesn't seem as big a priority as Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.